Dearly Beloved and Operation 100,000

Joe Chisholm joechisholm at rogers.com
Sun Dec 10 00:18:46 CST 2006

This is your invite to www.indiecan.com for a
sensational hour of great Canadian indie music.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here together to get
through this thing called life" the artist known as
"the artist formerly known as Prince."

>From the studio from which their debut CD, “You are
the Jaguar” was recorded – to a cross Canada tour with
Aide-du-Camp and The Populars – to the live floor of
IndieCan Studio – come hear DEARLY BELOVED and what
the band has to say about indie life and beyond!

Other great artists on Episode 25 include Little
Sunday, The Porktrashers, The Salads, Jim Armstrong,
The Darns, Toronto native, (now living in NYC, but
coming back to to the Drake January 6) - Clara Lofaro
and living in Georgia but wish they were Torontonians,
Commander Chameleon.

Mellisa Girimonte from Music E-zine Toonage.ca  is our
guest, industry insider, chatting with us about her
passion for the Toronto music scene.

Operation 100,000 is underway and thank you IndieCan
fans for helping out.  We believe that with everyone’s
help we can create an audience of 100,000 listeners
for our great Canadian bands in each episode of our
show.  Many of you have cced me on messages you have
sent to all your friends about why you love indie
music and why your friends should enrich their soul by
test driving an episode of THE TORONTO INDIE SCENE,
too.  So thanks for your support and please keep it
up.

Joe Chisholm is in Montreal this weekend meeting with
Dave Sutton of DNA Productions, Dave Cool, director of
“What is Indie?” The VooDoo Monx and many more great
bands and music personalities.  Stay tuned for the
first of many episodes of THE INDIE SCENE recorded in
La Belle Provence. There is such passion for music in
Montreal.  I look forward to sharing that with all of
you soon.

INDIE CAN IN THE NEWS
Joe will be Liz’s guest on her show Underground Sound
at CKUT on McGill campus, Monday at 8 PM.  Tune is at:
       http://ckut.ca/listen.php     as THE TORONTO
INDIE SCENE is introduced a new Montreal audience.

Thanks to Sari Delmar for the kind words about
IndieCan in his special feature in Audio Blood -
http://audioblood.com/features.html

Thanks again everyone for thinking about operation
100,000.  Every bit helps.  10 minutes can mean so
much - who knows what will be set in motion from each
of us telling the story of what we love about the
Canadian indie scene.  They tell someone, they tell
someone

Love and Music

TEAM INDIECAN

Please feel free to pass this Email along.  If you
want to be removed from the Email blast, please
contact us at info at indiecan.com.  Thanks for
supporting Canadian emerging artists.