[Indiecanfans] The glorious week ahead!

News and updates about Indican's Radio shows indiecanfans at indiecan.com
Fri Oct 13 07:54:57 CDT 2006

Thanks Joe

I will make sure to listen!

LITAL

-----Original Message-----
From: News and updates about Indican's Radio shows <indiecanfans at indiecan.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 03:11:19
To:indiecanfans at indiecan.com
Subject: [Indiecanfans] The glorious week ahead!

This week's episode of THE TORONTO INDIE SCENE
features THE FREE PRESS from Toronto.  Here's a band
that has such a capacity for well written, insightful
songs.  But try having a serious conversation with
them --  Listen to how well I did with them and let me
know what you think.

There is a whole lotta' indie upon us this weekend and
Darryl Hurs gives us the run down on what's featured
this year and what some of his grand plans for indie
week in Toronto are.  IndieCan will be around, so we
hope to see you there.

We hear from Aide-de-Camp from Halifax, ONE900 from
Calgary, Meesh from Montreal, Surplus Sons, Ant Hill
and Ember Swift in Episode 18.

It's all there for free downloading at:

www.indiecan.com

Enjoy.

If you're a music fan, band or singer/song writer and
you live in Toronto, think about dropping in to
REVIVAL Monday nights.  It's an open jam and who knows
who you will see and what you hear.  For more info,
check out:

www.paragononline.ca
www.myspace.com/paragononline

What a month it's been.  In the last 4 weeks we have
had Tin Bangs, Lucy, Modern Boys Modern Girls and The
Free Press in the studio.  We have heard from Sunrise
Records, PureTracks.com, Exclaim Magazine and Gen Sub
Records.  Three college radio stations have partnered
with us to expand our listeners and what keeps us
going is your thoughtful comments, suggestions and
ideas.  Thank you for taking the time.

Later this month IndieCan is coming to Vancouver.  If
you're from there, circle October 20th and plan to be
on Granville Island.  Lotus Child is performing there
at the Backstage Lounge with Elias and Tom Howie.
It's turning into an IndieCan meet and greet.  Expect
members of The Flairs, The Smears, Superbeing and
others to be there as we prepare our first ever
program from Lotus Land.  I hear they expect rain that
day.  Don't expect my humour to improve just because
more people have to listen to it.

Look for coverage on TIMA, The Mint Records/Exclaim
15th anniversary party and much more soon.

Thank you for supporting Canadian indie music.  Have a
great weekend.

TEAM INDIECAN
www.indiecan.com
info at indiecan.com