No subject

Joe Chisholm joechisholm at rogers.com
Tue Oct 24 19:39:42 CDT 2006

Greetings from IndieCan Music!

Technical difficulties haunted our indiecan mail
system last week.  Many thanks to all of you who came
forward to help us get things straightened out.
Thanks to one and all for your patience.

This week’s TORONTO INDIE SCENE is now available for
free download at www.indiecan.com.

Episode 19 answers the question:  Who is John Capek?
If you don’t know his name, you will be very familiar
with the many hit songs he has written for Rod
Stewart, Bonnie Rait, Joe Cocker and more.  John talks
about the life of the behind the scenes songwriter
today, Metric, The Songwriters Association of Canada,
the importance of understanding the history of popular
song and much more.

Episode 19 features Vancouver’s Superbeing.  Front-man
Jason visits our studio to talk about their new CD
“Bright Idea” talk about their cross-Canada tour and
perform a rare acoustic set for you, the listener.
See why songs from “Bright Idea” are winning their way
onto commercial radio rotation coast to coast.  Other
great artists this week include Immaculate Machine,
Scarlet Sins, The Chronicles and The Ensuing Silence.

IndieCan is in Vancouver this week producing our first
ever episode on left coast soil.  You will be hearing
from 54-40’s Neil Osborne, talking about 20+ years on
the Canadian music scene, The Smears, Lotus Child and
much more.  We are meeting so many great artists and
contacts, hearing great music and hopefully, creating
great new programming.

As always, we want to hear from you.  Contact us at
info at indiecan.com or stop by at
www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic to say what’s on your
mind.

Thank you for supporting Canadian emerging artists.
You rock!

Happy listening from Team IndieCan