[Indiecanfans] Great new content and prizes coming to IndieCan listeners and visitors.

News and updates about Indican's Radio shows indiecanfans at indiecan.com
Sun Sep 10 17:43:07 CDT 2006

First of all, thank you for supporting Canadian indie
artists.  This music is a cornerstone of the Canadian
cultural landscape and is in great demand world-wide.
So kudos to you, who hear it first on THE TORONTO
INDIE SCENE.

If you have been away from our site, www.indiecan.com
you might want to get caught up on a few news items
and the best music you’ve never heard!

EPISODE 14 awaits your free download.  Canteen
Knockout, fronted by none other than our co-host Andre
Skinner is our live feature artist.  The Toronto Indie
Scene goes a little alt-county this episode which
includes Real Gone, The Sadies as well as this preview
to what you can expect from the Canteen Knockout CD
release party Friday September 15th at The Cadillac
Lounge we also rock out with Pan Out Now, Autumn Hill
and The Apollo Effect.

Lital Rotman and Mike Grunier of ParagonOnline.ca are
here to talk about a band/artist contest that will
involve $20,000 in prizes for the wining indie band.
Hear what’s involved in organizing a top-notch
promotion and drives these two lovers of indie music.

Pay special attention in the show for an opportunity
to win tickets to a showcase on Saturday September 16,
and to find out where and when Canteen Knockout's CD
release part is.  We'll be there.

If you haven’t heard EPISODE 13 yet, the unplugged and
uncensored visit from THE SALADS is a classic “live at
IndieCan.” Episode 13 also includes some remarkable
insights from Catherine Bird of IndiePool.com and
NXNE.  Other artists included in “lucky 1-3” are
Toronto’s Galore, London’s Stutter, Cambridge’s Any
Other Day and Vancouver’s Lotus Child.

UPCOMING EPISODES:  We welcome Ontario college
listeners to The Toronto Indie Scene later this week
with a couple of shows already prepared for them.
Soon, you will be hearing from Toronto brit-pop
sensation, Tin Bangs and you will be introduced to a
new trio Lucy.  We will hear from Duane Free of
Sunrise Records and Dominique Forrest of
PureTracks.com in the next couple of weeks that both
have fascinating insights into the state of music
sales today and what the future might have in store.

Listenership of THE TORONTO INDIE SCENE keeps growing
and we thank you for telling someone and for them
telling someone.  It is always our pleaseure to talke
requests and to listen to your ideas, concerns and
commentaries.  We are all ears (and eys) at
info at indiecan.com

Look for lots of free music to be given away:  Free
downloads and free CDs.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and we look
forward to seeing you at www.indiecan.com.

Joe Chisholm
co-host, THE TORONTO INDIE SCENE
www.indiecan.com