Valentines Music Mania starts Tonight!!!!

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Wed Feb 11 07:51:01 CST 2009

Coming up on IndieCan This Week:

The pre-public posting sneak listen.  Go ahead, be a VIP:
http://www.indiecan.com/120IndieCanRadio

>From Berklee College of Music, Peter Spellman talks about what he’s
learning, teaching and writing about and how we have moved from filter
then produce to produce, then filter.

Neil Ford Sundet has sold vintage guitars to Dylan and Stevie Ray Vaughn,
lived in the USA, Ireland and Ottawa and he is this week’s live at
IndieCan “best music you’ve never heard!  Also this week, The Great
Outdoors, Basia Hyjak, Acres of Lions, Eden Ants, Carly and Mark +, from
Hamilton, 40 Sons and Daughters.

The IndieCan week if you live in Toronto sort of starts on IndieCan
Wednesday’s at The Annex Wreckroom.  If you missed John Lennon Songwriting
contest winner + TIMA 2008 winner, Jaffy, they are back with us again +
from Montreal, Emily Carr – we kick off at 9:30. Check out our Facebook
for more details.

Speaking of IndieCan Wednesday’s I know that some are still buzzing about
last week’s double header of Patrizia and Paris Black.  The Paris Black
band headlines our “what to do on the weekend of love (Valentines Day),”
this Saturday.  Ride a Limo to Winsor with the Paris Black band, leaving
from Toronto (maybe they can pick you up if you’re in Cambridge, K/W,
London), partying all the way to Windsor, take in the show Saturday night,
Limo back again.  I think that takes the cake.  Other worthy contenders
are SAB at Rock “n’ Docks on the 13th and 14th in Port Credit (IndieCan is
doing a SAB feature on Friday) and the 2nd annual Hunter Valentine at The
Reverb.  Winter Folk is free and all over Toronto this weekend.  There is
a secret Durham house-party with The New Soul Cowboys (Anthony Gomes)
playing somewhere.  I am sure there are more so keep us all posted on
Facebook or Myspace.

Hillside Inside was a blast of atom-splitting proportions. We talked to
Bedouin Soundclash, The D’Urbervilles and Artistic Director Sam Baijal
while we were there.  We have pictures of Sam Roberts, Stars, The Great
Lake Swimmers, That One Guy and more, more, more.  It all starts at
http://www.indiecan.com.

Hey everyone – say “Hello Winnipeg!” as KICK FM in the Peg just started
playing IndieCan Radio Saturday evenings across the frozen white tundra of
Manitoba.  Before we get KICKed off, we hope to infect the young and
impressionable music fans of central Canada that have grown tired of
commercial radio.  Thanks to Team IndieCan’s Bonnie in The Peg who got
that all started.

There’s more great new initiatives starting – we are all part of a better,
braver, newer world as you’ll hear Peter Spellman refer to when you tune
in to Episode 120.  Enjoy this week’s show and I hope you can come join us
or find your own live music to support this week.

Be good to yourselves, be good to each other.

Joe C
host
IndieCan Radio
http://www.indiecan.com