Canadian Music Week starts with some high powered help at IndieCan Wednesday + what's new on IndieCan Radio

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Tue Mar 10 15:16:46 CDT 2009

I just found out I am being audited by Canada Revenue Agency for 2005 and
2006. First, I enjoyed a little righteous indignation - exclaiming "don't
these people know what I do for this country!??!?" Then I resolved myself
to the simple fact that my number just came up, it's no big deal.

Except that if you thought I fell off the earth I have had three
back-to-back-to-back all nighters re-visiting receipts and getting
affectionate with my calculator. So, it turns out - they are going to owe
me money. It won't be enough to pay for the hours of unproductive unpaid
time I put it to prepare, but it's better than going to jail. So - if you
wondered, "Where did he go?" - I am back!

Jet Lag Jemini, on a North American tour and Liverpool’s BBC darlings,
Familiar Looking Strangers help IndieCan kick off Canadian Music Week
Wednesday night at The Annex Wreck Room – it’s free to IndieCan fans but
you can also get your Canadian Music Fest wrist band and come club hopping
with us from midnight to 4 AM.

Be on our guest list or Read More:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=54698657851

Other keeners who want to celebrate Canada’s week of being the centre of
music universe with Wednesday party’s are Rancho Relaxo, The Mod Club,
Tattoo Rock Parlour, The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern and The Gladstone.
Not on the program but partying hard – all ages with two floors of rock -
Kathedral/The Reverb.

IndieCan Radio this week:  DEREK SIVERS, founder of CD Baby is moving on –
Read all about.  The last good idea he had 10 years ago paid indie artists
$97 Million and now he’s handing the reins over and thinking of what’s
next.

The original Rock ‘n’ Roll Outlaw, SAB is live at IndieCan.  “Buy our CD
or we’ll kill you!” is their subtle marketing approach.  IndieCan got SAB
to behave (somewhat) live at IndieCan before we caught his CD Release.

New stuff this week includes Bruce Cockburn, Julie Doiron and the best
music you’ve never heard!  Hot off an East Coast Music Awards
three-award-night we have Hey Rosetta! who will be performing at The
Indie’s Music Awards hosted by XM Radio and our friend Jeff Leake at the
Royal York Hotel this Saturday night.

http://www.indiecan.com for all the details
http://www.indiecan.com/123IndieCanRadio.mp3 to hear it now

Later this week – more Live at IndieCan with CMW performers Sunshine State
and Vanderpark.

New CMW coverage will be added to our web site every day.  Our team is
bigger than ever – Indie “now with more Can.”  We’re not preaching – it’s
a conversation, so pipe in with your own thoughts at info at indiecan.com or
share it with the world at:

http://www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24421965144

By the way, I loved talking to Derek Sivers and I hope you enjoy our chat.
 He would also be happy to hear from you – he’s really that kind of guy.

Thanks for taking a few minutes and thanks for helping support Canada’s
emerging music scene.

Yours in devoted service!~

Joe C
Host