new music, 2011 is looking great for Canadian indie

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Mon Jan 10 10:09:19 CST 2011

Happy 2010 everyone!  If you haven’t seen it over the holidays, IndieCan
has a two-part series on 2010 in review with commentary and great music:
http://www.indiecan.com

Episode 208 features October Sky, Eugene Ripper, Joel Plaskett, Elephant
Stone, Grainee Ryan, The Johnstones, The Cunninghams, We Are City, The
Pop’s, Pascale Picard, The Trews, Steven Fearing, Cute Looney and USWM.
Get it now @ http://www.indiecan.com/podcast.htm#episode208

Stream it now @ http://www.indiecan.com/208IndieCanRadio.m3u

2011 looks great.  We featured the Jon Cohen Experimental in the fall of
2010 and they are going west – Ontario and beyond right now.  Check out
their schedule to see if and when they are playing your town.
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jon-Cohen-Experimental/534951492

The Jim Armstrong Band and The Sonic Deli Band has a new CD – we’ll have
some of that on IndieCan Radio on Episode 210.  But check it out for
yourself:  “Junction Road” is a transporter ride from the front porch, to
behind the wheel of the can, to a time long, long ago, to afternoon tea
with your own conscience.  It’s well written Americana meets Rock ‘n’ Roll
ride from start to finish.

The Blues Summit and Maple Blues Awards are right around the corner;
Hillside Inside is all new and only a few weeks ago.  It isn’t too early
to think CMW and Junos in Toronto this April.  So, start listening if you
can, keep your comments and suggestions coming.  We’re all in this
together.
Thanks to one and all who help keep IndieCan Radio sharing “the best music
you’ve never heard” with planet Earth.