Season's Greetings, New Music and Gratitude from IndieCan Music

Joe Chisholm joe at indiecan.com
Tue Dec 26 16:28:56 CST 2006

Episode 27 is ready for free download @ http://www.indiecan.com

THE OUTFIT led a 'holiday stew' of a show with ingredients recorded at
Toronto's Redline Recorders, Montreal's DNA Productions, the Rivoli
and more.

Live at IndieCan, The Outfit share perform from their new EP, between
their CD release party at Sneaky Dees and the Constant Crush Christmas
party at the Dakota where they performed with indie-cousins, Tin Bangs.

Dave Cool (yes that's his real name) did us all a big favour by
answering the question "What is Indie?" in a two-years-in-the-making
Documentary.  While I was at DNA Productions in Montreal with Dave
Sutton and his crew we had a number of visitors drop in.  Dave Cool
came by to talk about the making of "What is Indie?" - the great
artists and experts he met, the indie experience from a film-makers
point of view and even a hint about a possible new project.

Other fabulous artists include The Joel Lightman Band, The Heatley's,
Red Orkestar, Talladega, We Ghosts and a few words from St. John's Tim
Baker and his band, Hey Rosetta

Check out the Trailer to “What is Indie?”
http://www.whatisindiemovie.com/indiecanstore.cfm

IndieCan’s Debt of Gratitude:

This time of year is a cause for reflection.  IndieCan is overwhelmed
with the loyalty and welcome we have received.  First and foremost to
the music fans - You are a special bread of people who does not settle
for a strict diet of force-fed commercial music.  Without you there
would be no emerging music and no hope for the indie movement.
IndieCan Music will always be there for you.  What was an experiment
is now a movement and you have been diligent week in and week out with
ideas comments and input.

Operation 100,000 Listeners is well underway.  From 400 listeners in
March to over 16,000 by year end, we know this is achievable thanks to
our college/community radio partners and the grass-roots growth from
fans, artists and insiders telling their friends to give us a try.  ON
behalf of the great artists featured and the wealth of great Canadian
indie artists still to be featured, thank you.

Thanks also goes to those of you behind the scenes.  No door has ever
been left closed to IndieCan.  Any where we needed to go, we were
welcomed.  Anyone we asked to be a guest on our show graciously
accepted.  IndieCan couldn’t happen without the generous support of
Exhaust Systems Studio, Redline Recorders, Tom Dobrzanski and
Vancouver’s Vertical Productions, Dave Sutton and Montreal’s DNA
Productions.  Together I believe we are making our industry stronger
and your time and devotion has not gone unnoticed.

I would like to personally thank Andre Skinner, Gayle Hurmuses, Mary
Gilbert and Raquel de los Reyes and others for helping me keep going
and for the hours and hours of work that you have contributed to
IndieCan’s modest, but meaningful success to date.

New @ INDIECAN.com

The Directory “THE INDIE BIBLE” and The DVD/CD combo set of “WHAT IS
INDIE” both available from our web site store or from our myspace.
Both come with great value and our hearty endorsement as being by
indie artists and for indie artists.

If you’re traveling over the holidays, take IndieCan Radio with you.
Each episode fits nicely on a CD or into your MP3 player.  It seems
that many of you have been doing just that as many of our archive of
shows have been downloaded this month.  We are always happy to help
make an hour go by.

We look forward to a fabulous 2007 with many event and show
announcements already in the works.

Warm regards and be good to each other.

Love and Music

Joe Chisholm
IndieCan Music
www.indiecan.com
the best music you've never heard

Other links of note:
DNA Productions in Montreal:
http://productiondna.ca/

Vancouver’s Vertical Production (host to Episode 20 and 21)
http://www.verticalproductions.com

Constant Crush link
http://www.constantcrush.com/

The Outfit Link