MQ Musicfest at the Phoenix this month + Hillside Music Fest coverage

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Sat Aug 4 20:42:01 CDT 2007

Hello music lovers,
IndieCan reviews and previews in your general direction.  Hillside is
regarded by some as North America’s best music festival.  Just outside
of Guelph Ontario this conservation area, a board of directors of 13,
staff, contributors and service providers of over 20 + 1000 volunteers
create The Hillside Music Festival.  For a few years now, the
festivals $80 music and camping passes get snapped up even before all
60 musical artists + spoken word performers are announced.  The
expectation on patrons is high and always met.  This year, artists
from across Canada were joined by American and African artists to
bring us what some are saying is the best Hillside yet.

It will take two radio shows at least, to do Hillside justice.  Next
week, Vancouver’s Mother Mother are live at IndieCan from Escarpment
Sound Studio.  Many other Hillside guests will be checking in as
well.  Through out this week, more commentary will be added at
www.indiecan.com

 From this year’s line up we hear from Blackie and The Rodeo Kings,
and The Golden Dogs on Episode 49.  Other artists include The Cliks,
The Outfit, The Vestaloynes, Mink and Minque, Sunday Night Cruise and
Ember Swift.

We also preview the August 19th MQ Musicfest at The Phoenix with some
help from High Voltage, Fidget and Crash Kelly.  Yes, we’re glad to
bring you what you missed at Hillside, but if you are in Toronto
Sunday August 19th, there’s going to be a party – IndieCan will be
there.  Check our site for links or Google MQ Musicfest..

Thank you is in order.  Clearly you’ve been talking about us.
IndieCan.com had 23,000 tuning in during July, which is a monthly
high.  We are growing thanks only to your word of mouth.  Our vision
is 100,000 listeners enjoying great Canadian indie each week by 2008
and we are doing it, together.

Commentary and hundreds of Hillside pictures await you so let me know
what you think about the coverage or what ever is on your mind.  We’re
listening.

Cheers,

Joe Chisholm
Host