Was '007 the year with a licence to Thrill?

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Dec 28 01:24:03 CST 2007

Father winter is upon us and the year with a license to thrill – '007
draws to an end.

  IndieCan would like to salute and thank all those who have stepped up to
the plate, the mic, the merch table, the sound board and computer to
help make this year possible.

Niell Dixon of Canadian Music Week who I interviewed this fall said to us
about networking at music festivals, "No contact is too small, even if
it's just a place to crash next time your in town
" and in that spirit, no
friend of IndieCan is insignificant – from those who have hosted, made
posters, sent out notices, told a friend to check us out and those we have
slept with (so to speak), we thank you for your commitment to the indie
music of Canada.

In less than two years we have recorded artists in a dozen different
studios – many of which would welcome us back - lol.  We've been
main-stage, side stage, back stage; in festivals, bars, alleys and offices
– where ever the never-ending tale of Canadian Indie is happening, we want
to be there and in '007 we have been to and done a lot.  It's a time for
reflection and the image in the reflection is smiling ear-to-ear.

This week, the first of two "YEAR IN REVIEW" shows, crams as much music
and indie life into an hour as is possible, coast-to-coast. We'll hear
from Daniel Victor, The Stills, Kevan Staples and Carole Pope from
CMW-2007, Mother Mother from Hillside, Lotus Child and Wintersleep in tale
of two archaeologists, Psychotic 4 and Dave Martel from Montreal, Down
With The Butterfly and Drowning Girl, The Cliks, and to kick things off
the year in review

It's a crazy time of year for many, in this Christian/Judaic media fed
world we live in that tries to marry the material and spiritual world
together for these holidays, I asked myself, 'What does it all mean?" and
concluded that these questions of life are best left to the artist.  I
searched our archive for the best of answers and Episode 67 opens up with
an offering from Calgary's Once Just who we recorded at Life Is Good
Studios in the Gatineau Hills.  Listen to this song "Shine Down." I hope
it does for your soul what it does for me. Go to the show at:
http://www.indiecan.com

Keep it real everyone and thanks for being so good to us.  Happy New Year
and I will talk to you next year and next week.

Much love,

Joe Chisholm
Co-host
IndieCan Radio