The Ride Theory on IndieCan Radio and the countdown to February 16th

Joe Chisholm joe at indiecan.com
Sat Feb 3 11:14:41 CST 2007

Happy Groundhog week from IndieCan!  Sam our engineer woke up and saw
his shadow which means there are 13 days of great indie between now
and IndieCan?s February 16th First Year Birthday Bash at Jeff Healey?s
Roadhouse on 56 Blue Jay Way in Toronto.

$15 in advance or $20 at the door -- proceeds to help AthletesCAN
support Canada?s devoted armature athletes.  I had the great privilege
of talking with Trevino Betty, Vice President of AthletesCAN and
former silver metal commonwealth competitor.  Talking about the
devotion, the sacrifice and the obstacles of armature athletes, I
realized we could be talking about the life and drive of indie
artists.  When one of our national athletes breaks from the pack and
excels on the world stage the whole country is puffed up with pride
- the same way we smile when one of our musical artists takes the
world by a storm.

Let?s show that IndieCan Fans Care ? be our valentine and support
armature athletes on February 16th.     Insta-karma will reward with a
great night of music.  Doors open at 8:30 and we kick the night of at
9 PM sharp with a screening of the award-nominated Canadian indie
film/documentary ?WHAT IS INDIE?? followed by performances by Tin
Bangs, Anti-Hero and Tacoma Redd.

Join artists, athletes and industry insiders for IndieCan?s 1st
Birthday ? it?s a great cause.

For a movie preview or more on the artists follow this link:

http://indiecan.com/birthdaybash.htm[1]

Save money and ensure your place:

http://www.ticketweb.ca/[2]

More on AthletesCAN:

http://www.athletescan.com[3]

   EPISODE 31 is ready for free download:
As Ed Sullivan would tell you, we have a really big Show for you this
week.  If you are not all ready caught in THE RIDE THEORY wave, grab a
surf board and tune in.  If you?re a devoted fan, we have some
previously unreleased material for you to hear.

R.J. Guha and his 15 year of artist management are featured in episode
31 as well.  As head of Kindling Music and part of The Management
Trust, from The Pursuit of Happiness to Dearly Beloved, from The
Salads, to the new partnership with Bobnoxious, RJ has seen it, heard
it, learned it and now he shares his insights with us.

Other great artists this week include the high energy Brown Hornets,
The Steady Rollers, All the Brightness, The Cliks, Whatever and from
Montreal, The Coloured Lights.

Enjoy this weeks show and for those of you in Ontario, I hope to see
you on the 16th.

Joe Chisholm
IndieCan Music
www.indiecan.com