Folk 'n' Eh festival and an upcoming celebrtion

Joe Chisholm joe at indiecan.com
Mon Feb 12 00:44:17 CST 2007

Hello music fans,

I met with the executives of AthletesCAN last week and what an
uplifting experience.  You  could over hear someone talking about
others who are so dedicated, so talented and have made a commitment to
do what it takes to one day compete on the world stage with no
guarantees and very little financial support.  They could be taking
about indie artist.  They could be taking about Canada’s amateur
athletes.  It would be so true of both and in so many ways, the plight
of the athlete and the artist are identical.  The Grammies were on
Sunday night and what Canadians weren’t cheering for Joel Plaskett,
Neil Young and other Canadians?  The same will be true with the
Vancouver Olympics, which are a couple of short years away.

This Friday, February 16th, IndieCan is devoting our birthday
celebration to help support AthletesCAN and this “gentle reminder” is
to remind you that you are invited to be a part of it.  $15 in advance
and $20 at the door gets you inside IndieCan’s birthday party to
celebrate with some of Ontario’s great emerging athletes, artists and
some the veterans that mentor them.

In our next announcement we will look forward to sharing a list of
great raffle items that will be going home with attendees.  A Long &
McQuade guitar, Sunrise Record certificates, a chance to be a guest
co-host for a future IndieCan Radio show and sports gear are just part
of  IndieCan’s Birthday Bash.  You have to be there to win so go to
www.ticketweb.com to reserve your tickets or check out

   http://www.indiecan.com/birthdaybash.htm

   for more details.

Have you checked out Episode 32 yet?  We had a blast in the studio
recording IndieCan’s first ever Folk ‘n’ Eh Song Circle.  From the
depth of great singer-songwriters in this city we were able to get Ory
and Jason of Ory No’man, Colleen from Lucy, Shawn Sage and from
Trinity Road, Jeramy singing, playing and telling at IndieCan studio.
Let us know what you think – If you like it, we’ll do more of this.

Also as part of Episode 32 is part 2 of my interview with R.J.Guha who
focuses on artist/management relationships.  This is a phenomenal look
behind the scenes about when bands and managers should look for signs
of engaging each other in this volatile time in the music biz.  Look
for more on this weeks show at:

http://www.indiecan.com/

Enjoy Episode 32.  I hope to see you and your friends Friday.

Warmest regards,

Joe Chisholm
host
THE TORONTO INDIE SCENE