IndieCan.com starts counting down to Canadian Music Week

Joe Chisholm joe at indiecan.com
Sat Feb 24 18:06:57 CST 2007

   Episode 34 features live at IndieCan, THE RED LIGHT RIOT - hot off
their CD Release Party at The Elmo Combo and gearing up for their CMW
Showcase at Rancho Relaxo.  Other great bands include the monsters of
Indie, The Golden Dogs, Halifax's Ambassador's of Groove,
Aide-De-Camp, Toronto Trio of Rudeness, Bukakke Katholik and from the
"What is Indie?" soundtrack, Bloodshot Bill as well as Ember Swift.

   http://www.indiecan.com

   Since IndieCan's Birthday Bash many of you have asked about "WHAT
IS INDIE?" and I have some good news for you.  Ember Swift, one of the
many artists featured in the documentary, is on the road so depending
where you live, you can see her live.  In Toronto, Hugh's Room, Sunday
March 11 is the place to be.  Good News #2:  You can own your own
"WHAT IS INDIE?" DVD. Check out the link at www.indiecan.com our our
myspace.  See the trailer, and if you want it, for $15 it's yours,
including the DVD and a 22 song soundtrack.  Such a deal!!!  If you're
a band, get one and host your own "WHAT IS INDIE?" night with another
band or two.  Everyone should see this movie.  The "extra DVD bits"
are what I love - you get freakin' funny out takes, extended
interviews of wise words from some of the foremost experts on indie
life.

    http://www.whatisindiemovie.com/indiecanstore.cfm

   Back to CMW and this weeks show....  Rough Trade turned this
country on it's head in the '80s. winning Carole Pope three Junos.
Carole and partner, Kevan Staples will be recognized March 7th at this
years CMW.  This will be a special event.  Check out what Carole has
to say about the early days and her life as an indie artist now.

   As always, we are listening...  Tell us what you think, what you
want and what you like.

    Thanks for supporting Canadian Indie Music.

    Keep warm and enjoy this week's show.

   TEAM INDIECAN Salutes You!!!!!

Joe Chisholm
IndieCan Music