IndieCan Radio takes you coast-to-coast in One Hour

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jun 15 02:51:38 CDT 2007

   NXNE coverage continues with Episode 43 of THE TORONTO INDIE
SCENE.  Vancouver band RALLY CAR is on a cross-Canada tour and stops
into IndieCan studio while at NXNE  to perform live and talk about
this tour and plans to visit Europe.

   CBC 3’s Music Director, James Booth was in town as part of the NXNE
live-to-air night at The Horseshoe and he very kindly took the time to
talk to us extensively about new initiatives at New Music Canada and
http://radio3.cbc.ca/[1]  - you might want to check out their site for
video coverage and live tracks from United Steel Workers of Montreal,
Ohbijou, Sebastien Granger, You Say Party! We Say Die!, In-Flight
Safety and Two Hour Traffic.  Excerpts from our talk make up our
Industry Insider Interview.  The complete interview will be added to
our “School of Rock” page for those who have more than a casual
interest in what CBC 3 has to offer Canadian indie artists.

   We are coast-to-coast with coverage from Nathan Wiley of
Charlottetown PEI to Mother, Mother from British Columbia and
everything in between.  Winnipeg’s Jacob and Lily, Montreal’s The Ease
Down, Sudbury’s High Deafinition, Peterborough’s The Kiss and Tells +
T.Dot’s own Hello Operator and Sarah Burton.

   Talking to artists and industry about IndieCan during NXNE, one
question came up, over and over: “How do You Do all This?”  A
compulsive disorder was the best I could come up with but it bears
saying again, IndieCan is indebted to the many who contribute time,
talent and passion to making our site the number one place where indie
fans meet indie bands.  That said, every day we are posting more
reviews of North by North East so keep coming back for more.

   If you’re in Toronto this week IndieCan friends The Cliks and
Carole Pope are performing as part of Pride Week so get down with your
liberal self and have some fun with some great bands.

   Next week Todd Arkell of Cool Planet Entertainment will be with us
to talk about the FREE Canada Day celebration at Downsview Park that
will include 54-40, The Rock Star house band, Rally Car, Pat the White
and more, more, more.  Hear about it next week, but plan to attend
now.  There’s no better reason to visit Toronto.

   Come download or stream this week’s show now at http://www.indiecan.com[2]

   IndieCan will see you on the streets or out there in the my face
space book world we call the world wide web.

   Warm regards,

   Joe Chisholm

   Host

   The Toronto Indie Scene