IndieCan brings NXNE Joy to our listeners

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Thu Jun 7 13:59:07 CDT 2007

Kicking off IndieCan's NXNE coverage, Episode 42 sees True North's Sue
McCallum visiting to talk about her role with publicity and media for
NXNE.  London Ontario is home to one of Canada's hardest working rock
groups - THE JOYS and they are live at IndieCan this week.

BTW, they play the Kathedral tonight at 8 PM to kick off NXNE.  If you
go see them, check out LOTUS CHILD at 9 PM upstairs at Holy Joes.  Say
Hello to Tom the keyboarist and tell him what you thought of our first
ever Vancouver Indie Scene shows - Episode 20 and 21 because Tom
engineered them at his studio Vertical Sound.  To keep the degrees of
seperation complete, find Dan Mangen who's playing NXNE again this
year, because he got Tom and I in touch with each other from last
year's NXNE.  HEY OCEAN is another Van band that Tom produced and, if
I am not mistaken, they're at the Drake tonight.

Rally Car, another Van band just left the studio and they will be part
of our Downsview Park show.  Super Nova and 54-40 will be part of the
Canada Day free concert, along with Indie bands from B.C. to Quebec
City.

Thanks to Mike Taylor (Our Lady Peace and Fair Ground) who engineered
this live set at THE POCKET STUDIOS in T.Dot.  The Joys and IndieCan
had a riot working with you.

Other great artists include Late Night Access, Peter Katz, Danielle
Duval and other NXNE performers Thomas Lunch from California and The
St. Alvia Cartel.

We will be all over NXNE bringing more coverage than ever.  Please
check in with our site regularly.  NOW FOR THE SHOW:
http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm

All the best,

TEAM INDIECAN
www.indiecan.com