Toronto is the centre of the music universe March 7th to 10th

Joe Chisholm joe at indiecan.com
Sat Mar 3 01:31:55 CST 2007

Hello Music Fans,

   Torontonians sometimes get a rap for seeing ourselves as the centre
of the universe.  Next week, for four days, Toronto will become the
centre of the music universe as Canadian Music Week strikes fear into
mothers with daughters.

   To get us in a festive, festival mood, Diane Foy of Skylar
Entertainment joins me for Episode 35 of THE TORONTO INDIE SCENE for
our second “CMW – Here we come” show with a stack of CDs from around
the world to feature bands coming to CMW.  Diane also offers her
Foy-Formula for Festival Survival.  CMW is four long days.  Don’t burn
out early and look like a rookie.

   From a little place east of T.Dot we like to call “the Shwa” Lower
Back Tatti is featured Live at IndieCan this week.  Other phonic fun
comes from The Buck Brothers and Santa Dogs visiting us from the U.K.,
Needle and The Pain Reaction of Belgium, from Finland –
22-Pistepirkko, from “Down Under” Wednesday Society and Future Native
+ all the way from Berlin Ontario, Jen Militia.

   Take me to the new show right now!  http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm[1]

IndieCan in the Media:

   * Monday February 26th I sat in with CKUT (McGill Radio) Monday
Morning After host Liz Pieries and her crew, chatting about IndieCan
and spinning some tunes.  That show is available in their archives.
   * Tuesday, Joe Chisholm will be a guest on SUN TV and Canoe.ca to
talk about this years CMW so tune in for that.
   * Two hours a week of IndieCan Radio will be added to the
programming line-up at R.adio3x.com Friday nights starting later in
March.

   IndieCan is looking forward to bringing the best of CMW coverage.
We’ll be bringing you interviews with Brad Schwartz of MTV.ca who is
co-chairing this years festival.  We’ll have a chat with The
Neverending White Lights, The Stills and so much more.

   Where can I keep up with the latest on Montreal, Vancouver,
Toronto, Ottawa and IndieCan’s Birthday Bash?
http://www.indiecan.com/events.htm[2]

   Enjoy this week’s show and Team IndieCan will be reporting from CMW
from beginning to end.

   We’re all in this together!

   Team IndieCan

   www.indiecan.com the best music you've never heard