Canadian Music Week Reports + Reggae Day at IndieCan Radio Warms your soul

Joe Chisholm joe at indiecan.com
Thu Mar 8 11:09:28 CST 2007

   What a Canadian Music Week we are having!  This weeks “live at
IndieCan” feature in STAYLEFISH from London Ontario.  They play the 1
AM slot at Lee’s Palace tonight. So if you’re grooving to the music
and you got to this in time, you know where to go tonight.

   Darren from The Salads is my special guest and he gives us a great
insight into the Reggae/Ska movement in Canada.

   Curt and Maxine from www.Radio3x.com[1] are my industry insiders
talking about 7/24 internet radio, working with DJs from around the
globe, how they keep the lines of communication open with their
listeners and why they love the music so much.

   CMW is well underway.  You can visit www.indiecan.com[2] for
updates daily.  We have industry insider interviews, pics, a few
“hello’s” from bands and reviews.  Come and see us, down load this
week’s show and scroll through our Canadian Music Week section.

   Last Night was The Indies and congrats to:

   Carole Pope and Kevan Staples, inducted into the Indie Hall of Fame
for their work in the ‘80s band, Rough Trade
Daniel Victor, Neverending White Light, Song of the Year
Ember Swift, Artist Web Site of the Year
Alexisonfire, winner of the XM Satellite Radio award and Chart Mag LP
of the Year
Billy Klippert, who said, “I’ve never won anything before!” Pop Artist
of the Year
Malajube, Favourite Francophone Artist
The Trews, Favourite Rock Group
Feist for Favourite Solo Artist

. And all the other winners and nominees.  You made us proud.

   Thanks to Jully Black for hosting.

   More at www.indiecan.com[3]

   For those of you in the crowd at CMW, I hope to see you.  For those
who can’t make it, we’ll bring it to you the best we can.

   All the best from

   TEAM INDIECAN

Joe Chisholm
IndieCan Music