Spring in Montreal

Joe Chisholm joe at indiecan.com
Fri Mar 16 19:32:00 CDT 2007

   Hello Music Fans,

   Depending on where you are when you're reading this, I know many of
you were in Toronto for CMW or your thoughts were there (here) and
Spring flirted with us as the weekend drew to to a close.  So what
better way to celebrate spring than to think - Montreal....

   With Canadian Music Week wrapping up, team IndieCan has met more
artists, fans and music industry insiders than ever before.  Our
coverage at http://www.indiecan.com[1] is already quite extensive and
there will be more soon.  Right now you can find interviews with Rough
Trade, The Stills, The Cliks, Neverending White Light, Festival
Chairman, Phil Kleygo, Co-chair Brad Schwarts, over 200 photographs,
commentary and reviews.  Also look for a review of the Ember Swift
show March 11th and coming soon will be pics of Fashion Rocks Canada
which took place at The Phoenix, featuring Stutter, The Dunes and The
Beautiful Unknown.

   This week’s radio show takes us back to Production DNA in Montreal
where it is our pleasure to bring you the sweet sounds of DAVE MARTEL
and other great Montreal artists.  As always, there are no soft spots
in this weeks show so if you can budget an hour we’ve already provided
the soul medicine that your mind and spirit crave.   Winnipeg’s WHY,
The GTA’s DAYLIGHT FOR DEADEYES join fine Quebec tunage from THE DRESS
WHITES, ONE NIGHT BAND and VIBRATION 9.

   The theme for this week:  These are listener-supported-artists so
if you are so moved, please go see them live or put a few dollars into
downloading some of their music.  How many things are so cheap yet so
meaningful?

   Finally, kudos to the volunteers and organizers for this year’s
CMW.  To the bands who shared their music thank you, to the other 300
acts we couldn’t get out too, we hope to see you next time. IndieCan
looks forward to sharing sounds and insights from this years festival
for weeks to come, so please check back often.

   Love and music,

   TEAM INDIECAN.

Joe Chisholm
IndieCan Music