Start spring with some Vancouver Flower Power!

Joe Chisholm joe at indiecan.com
Mon Mar 26 02:42:22 CDT 2007

   Happy Spring Music Fans!

   IndieCan is pleased to present our next instalment of The Vancouver
Indie Scene.  Episode 38 takes advantage of the Canadian Music Week
showcase put on by BC Music and The Georgia Straight at Jeff Healey’s
Roadhouse March 10th.

   We’ll let you in on some conversations we had with the
award-winning Whitfield and Elias as well as introducing new listeners
to Yuca and the didgeridoo of Shane Philip.  Other great British
Columbia artists include Symphony in Demeanor, TV Heartattack, D.O.A.
and Pointed Sticks.  As a bonus track we hear from newly inducted
Indie Hall of Fame artist, Carole Pope.

   Brad Schwartz of MTV Canada is the CMW Co-chair for 2007 and Brad
will reflect with us on how after all these years in the music biz,
why he still loves getting out to the clubs to discover new emerging
talent after a full day of public speaking, glad-handing and
fulfilling his CMW executive responsibilities.

   If you haven’t been to www.indiecan.com[1] for a few days, you will
find a wealth of reviews, pictures and interviews from CMW to Fashion
Rocks Canada, to The Ember Swift Band and the tail-end of central
Canada tours for both Vancouver’s The Flairs and the U.K. band
licensed to thrill, The Buck Brothers.

   www.Radio3x.com[2] is the most recent broadcaster to bring IndieCan
Radio to their listeners.  As of March 23rd you can now hear a
double-shot of IndieCan Radio as every Friday night Triple X will
broadcast the latest hour long episode plus an encore hour from the
IndieCan archives.  We invite you and your friends to tune in to
Radio3x.com for our broadcast and the rest of their line up of 7/24
programming from D.J.s from around the world.

   IndieCan is all about “listener-supported artists so thank you one
and all for your support of great emerging music.  Enjoy this week’s
show.  Next week we return to the Toronto Indie Scene with The Cliks,
indie veteran Ember Swift and much more.

   Warm regards,

   Team IndieCan

   www.indiecan.com 20,000 weekly listeners and growing

Links: