Episode 60 full of firsts

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Mon Oct 22 15:21:51 CDT 2007

   This is Joe Chisholm reporting from Quebec City.  IndieCan just
returned from Halifax POP Explosion and we are in love with that town
and the music community.  Douglas and I recorded artists and industry
insiders, were part of panels, sat in on others, met a hundred new
friends and took in a dozen great shows each.  I am in Quebec to
record a local artist here, Douglas is in Ottawa editing pictures,
interviews and video and I am pleased to announce, Andre Skinner has
been hard at work in Toronto, back in the host chair compiling this
weeks show.  Raquel and Mary were also busy representing us well at
events around town.

   We have long wanted Eden Ants on the show and this week we bring
you this 2005 Toronto Independent Music Award winners and 2006 TIMA
perfromers.  We have many other artists from this years awards as well
as performers from Indie Week Toronto and Halifax POP Explosion.  Hear
all about what The Toronto Songwriters Festival is doing.  It may will
spur you on to get involved.

   Please visit http://indiecan.com/radio.htm[1] for this weeks show.
You'll also find some pictures from the first two days of HPX if you
hunt around.  More coverage is coming soon.  The music community in
the east-coast has something to teach us all.  Halifax, thank you for
your hospitality.

   Enjoy the show.  We'll see you all soon.

   Warm regards and thank you for supporting Canadian independent music.

   Joe Chisholm

   co-host

   IndieCan Radio

   www.indiecan.com[2]