IndieCan welcomes September and thanks listeners

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Tue Sep 4 23:55:38 CDT 2007

   I just got a new copy of ?Summer?s Over? the Moe Berg solo CD
second hand on Bloor Street - $7.99 and worth every penny.   So that?s
the theme of this weeks show.  We have a dart-board review of Summer
007 and some new stuff that if you miss you?ll be like those uncool
kids still wearing white after Labour Day.

   So, NEW STUFF:

   From Windsor, welcome Corporate Saturday.  To any U.S. boarder
crossing guards who subscribe to the show, of course they were joking
about how they get to Detroit to play shows there.

   Toronto?s contribution comes from Numbers and Figures from their
CD, The Parable of The Broken Window.

   From Montreal, The Dear?s guitarist Patrick Krief is re-releasing
Take it Or Leave and we?ll hear from Patrick and some of his band
mates.  We talked outside the Rivoli before the Krief show and I must
say this.  I see about 500 live shows a year.  This is one of a kind
and I encourage you to see Krief if you're in Quebec or Ontarion in
September.  I don't care if your in the biz or a devoted indie fan
this is a remarkable live experience.  Check
http://www.indiecan.com/reviews for pictures and commentary.

   From Guelph, Sam Turton, who I met at Hillside and became captured
by his Activist meets Blues playing slide guitarist messin? with the
Baptist preacher?s wife kind of sound.  Really, it?s a genre ? look it
up.

   And by special request, from Manotick (somewhere near Ottawa I
guess....) Hollerado, the mop-top lads from the 613 area code regale
us with chatter outside the Silver Dollar in Toronto.

   So much happened this summer that a review in an hour is
laughable.  But I bring back as wide a range of random coolness.  The
show includes the words and live music of Marc Gelinas, and Psychotic
4 from Montréal and Rally Car from Vancouver as well as Toronto?s
Trophy.

   So that?s how we?re starting September ? a little old meets new.
On deck later this Fall we?ll be hearing from Calgary?s Once Just and
Alberta deserters Sam Hell who are now calling T.Dot home.

   IndieCan will be at Halifax Pop Explosion so anyone with East-coast
show ideas, you know how to reach us:  info at indiecan.com or
http://www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic

   Have a Happy Fall!  Put those un-coool white shoes away and come
download some way-cool indie music @
http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode53

   Joe Chisholm

   IndieCan Radio
www.indiecan.com
the best music you've never heard!
info at indiecan.com

   PS:  You can't keep a secret, can you????  Every month this summer
more people than the previous month download shows and log on to
IndieCan.com for their Canadian indie fix.  We haven't spent a dime on
advertising - it's all you.  Some of you are telling your friends and
as it turns out, they're telling their other friends.  We are honoured
and humbled.  Thanks for the support.