Spring (Festivals) in the IndieCan Air Today

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Apr 4 12:06:11 CDT 2008

   Happy Friday music fans!

   Let's get Thematic:  It's an April Showers with the promise of May
Flowers kind of day in Toronto today.  This week we look ahead to the
Hamilton Spring Music Festival May 8th, 9th, 10th with an interview
with festival founder Rob Rapiti.  Rob shares his thoughts on the
Hamilton scene and this years festival.  IndieCan will help rock Steel
Town - we'll be there all three days.  And we will have a special
announcement about the Friday night but here's a clue to hold you
until next week:  GRADY - its' worth the trip to Hamilton, May 9th!

   Vesta Varro is our feature artist this week.  During their frist
trip to Toronto, they won Indie Week Toronto last Fall, they rocked
CMW and the complete their Triple Crown of Southern Ontario festivals
with a return to the Hamilton Spring Music Festival.  We're delighted
that we caught up with them St. Patricks Day in Toronto.

Sarah Burton has the first ever We Are Many - WAM Festival in
Saskatoon this August on her mind and  an Earth Day  musical event at
The Gladstone in Toronto April 22nd as a tune up.  Sarah changed the
title of her record from SHOULD HAVE SAID GOODBYE to LOVE IS FOR
PUSSIES.  We hear a tune from that record.  Clearly there are more
pressing things on Sarahs mind these days than matters of the heart.
This from the WAM website www.wearemanyfestival.com:

/The Greatest Barrier To Environmental Change Is The Sentiment "I'm
Only One Person."  To Overcome Individual Feelings Of Powerlessness,
WE ARE MANY WILL ATTRACT A SIGNIFICANT PORTION OF SASKATOON'S CITIZENS
WHO WILL BECOME THE FIRST MAJOR GROUP TO SIGN A PACT TO PROMOTE
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY AND LEAD GREENER LIVES./

   April 22nd at the Glady arists and fans will be talking about what
steps they are prepared to take as individuals to lead greener lives.
There will also be drinknig and singing going on, you can be sure. If
you are moved to help out, we can get you in touch with Sarah at
www.indiecan.com

   This week we introduce IndieCan listeners to Sean Ashby, After Ring
and Fourway Flashers.  We hear from Young Rival (Hamilton Theme),
Lotus Child (busy in studio), Lara Yule Singh (busy on the road) and
Alex Tintinalli (our feature next week).

   In this busy i-my-face-space-book world, friends are imporant.
Thanks for your continued support.  Have a great weekend everybody.

Joe C and team IndieCan
www.indiecan.com
www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24421965144