Jake Gold on CMW 2008 + Big Rude Jake returns on Episode 74

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Feb 29 01:54:29 CST 2008

   A Tale of Two Jakes is the theme of Episode 74.

   /?It was the best of Jakes; it was the Biggest and Rudest of Jakes.?/

    From The Management Trust and Kindling Music, Jake Gold... and in
this corner, the man who made ?whore-house jazz? an alternative genre,
Big Rude Jake grace our radio show and generously share their insights
into the Canadian indie scenes over three decades.

   Gayle Hurmuses and Joe Chisholm of IndieCan sit down with (Big
Rude) Jake on Queen Street West to talk about the return of the BRJ
brand to the Canadian music scene and why.  The radio show is a small
excerpt of the 40 minute chat we had at The Saigon Cowgirl and I don?t
know that I posted the ?best 10 minutes? but it was closest to CRTC
friendly I could muster.  For the sake of those of you who are not of
the faint of heart, keep an eye out for the full-Jake, the Bigger
Ruder directors cut.  It? ain?t pretty but the stories are worth the
investment of time so long as you aren?t baby sitting the neighbours
kids.

   FYI ? The official unveiling of the new BIG RUDE JAKE  will be at
Dundas Street?s The Lu Lu Lounge on March 5th and as a little industry
insider secret, Jake celebrates his birthday Friday  February 29th at
his regular Friday night show at The Reservoir Lounge on Wellington
Street with a food drive, so bring along some big rude spam.  I will
be processing last minute RRSP contributions at the bar until midnight
so the organizationally retarded should get there early if saving on
taxes is the order of the day.

   Jake Gold?s impact on the Canadian music scene is only a Google
search away if you have just been too busy to keep up with the news
for the last 20 years.  What makes this year special for IndieCan is
Jake is the co-Chair of Canadian Music Week 2008 and on this week?s
show he gives us some insights into what the buzz will be in T.Dot
March 5th to 8th as the whole music world focuses on Canada for a few
glorious days.

   Also on this show IndieCan offers our cheat sheet of ?off the
radar? acts to take in at CMW.  The Audreys, Kyrie Kristmanson, Chris
Koster, The Cliks, The I Spys and The Chronicles are also included in
this week?s show.

   There should be new review material just about every day so plan to
come back and peruse over the next week.  Thanks to Scarborough?s
Seven Joint Ride for your comment this week, ?Imitation is flattery
but innovation is legendary.?  That?s inspiring.  Let?s not forget,
we?re all in this together.

   Warm regards,

   TEAM INDIECAN
http://www.indiecan.com
info at indiecan.com
your front row seat and back-stage pass to the best of Canada's
emerging music.