Can you hear it? The whole world is listening to Canada

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Thu Jan 3 12:02:34 CST 2008

Rock 'n' Roll Music to the world - Eh!

IndieCan says, "Happy New Year!" with music as Episode 68 of IndieCan
Radio concludes our two-part series, '007 THE YEAR WITH A LICENSE TO
THRILL.

  DID YOU KNOW?
Canadian Indie is so prevalent on the world scene that visitors from
around the world come to IndieCan.com to listen to our artists and
read about the goings on of the Canadian Indie Scene.  Over 100,000
visitors from the USA have been keeping tabs on us over the last 5
months - thanks for stopping by, neighbour!  Music fans from Europe,
China, and every continent - well over 100 countries in total.  For
those of us who live in Canada, let's not forget how good we have it.
Any of the great music festivals we visit each year in Canada will
remind us that there's great music being created in every corner of
the world but in 2008 let's remember that we have it good here at
home.  Show some love to your favourite artists this year.  We have
reason to be proud.

This week's look back at some of the highlights of 2007 includes the
Windsor to Quebec City corridor including Inoke Errati from the COCA
conference, Hunter Valentine from the Film Fest Music Caf?, POP with
Brians hosts, Eden Ants, The Coggs from Ottawa, Tim's Myth from our
Montreal sessions, Pascale Picard from Quebec City.  We also have
Vancouver's Pride Tiger who we chat with from Halifax POP Explosion,
The Superfantastics and Hey Rosetta, while we're on the topic of the
East-coast and Edmonton Klondike Days to Toronto Kensington Market
transplants, Sam Hell.

What's equally impressive is all the good stuff we missed on the last
two weeks.  The criterion for these two weeks of 2007 in review was
the music from the year that I found in the shelves first.  I could
easily do another two shows with out getting lean on quality.

If you're new to IndieCan and this weeks hour of indie just gets you
started, there's another 67 hours of original programming to sample.
Help yourself.  Our web quota is at a breaking point at 10 Gigs of
content.  We'll have to take out some of the old programming to make
room for the new.  It's hardly stale-dated so help yourself if you
want it in your library.  It won't be there for ever.

As Team IndieCan grows our plans get loftier.  We'll be in the movies,
in print and on television in 2008 as well as bringing great radio
shows to our great partners.  But you'll never hear us telling you
what you should be listening to.  We still it's our job to listen to
you about that.   Have a great 2008.  IndieCan looks forward to the
honour of being a small part of your year to come.

Yours truly,

TEAM INDIECAN
http://www.indiecan.com
info at indiecan.com