Bonjour mes ami! Music, love and Quebec City

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jan 18 06:39:40 CST 2008

   EPISODE 70 Opens in Quebec City

   Our industry insider is Jeff Leake of XM Satellite Radio who
proudly champions Canadian indie music through XM's channel 52 THE
VERGE. IndieCan caught up with the very busy Mr. Leake and this week
we bring you the first instalment of this interview where we hear
about the growth, the advantages and appeal of Satellite Radio in
Canada and world-wide.

   We have some fabulous firsts being played on this weeks show
including the fabulous musical artistry which is Quebec City?s Void?s
Anatomy, our live at IndieCan feature.

   Other great artists this week include Quebec City's Pat the White,
Montreal natives now living in Toronto, The Dress Whites, from Kelowna
B.C., Ryan Donn and from Toronto, The Outfit and Bebop Cowboys. The
show opens with the live recordings from La Ninkasi in Quebec City and
our interview with principal composer, songwriter Marie Jorge.
IndieCan must thank David Gendron of Midaltern Studio for engineering
the QC portion of the show and Barry Mell, IndieCan's Quebec City
friend and liaison for coordination.

   Also, this week, if you haven?t seen it, on our reviews page we
look at the United Steel Workers of Montreal and break the news of
several changes in their front.  The Cockroaches and The Unsettles who
opened the Montreal show are both bands we look forward to talking to
you about.

   Have a great weekend, enjoy this weeks radio show and as always, we
want to hear your Canadian independent music stories and insights
too.  Contact us at:

    Info at indiecan.com[1]

   http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24421965144[2]

   http://www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic[3]