Happy August, TIMAs tonight, Hillside Posted, Real Summer Show

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Thu Jul 31 16:25:24 CDT 2008

Tonight's the night if you're in Toronto - IndieCan will be at the 4th
Annual Toronto Independent Music Awards at 7 PM at The Phoenix Concert
Theater.

Episode 94 is now posted and we celebrate TIMA by featuring one of the
first TIMA winners, Eden Ants, live at IndieCan.

We also look at Hillside then and now, last year's performers and crowd
winners, Mother Mother are also in studio + Spiral Beach and Broken Social
Scene.

Warped Tour is reviewed this week with The Creep Show, One Night Band and
Staylefish representing Canada's contribution to this 44 stop event (Still
to come to Calgary and Saskatoon).

We say Happy Birthday in song to Jim Armstrong - your song, Jim - it's
better that way, we introduce Briana Stewart from the west-coast and
recognize east-coast's Down With The Butterfly who recently were approved
for VideoFact funding for the song Tank.

Look at what we saw at Hillside (keep coming back as new content will be
added all weekend) at www.indiecan.com or catch up on Ottawa Blues Fest
and coming soon - Beach's Jazz Fest.

Going away for the long weekend?  Download some extra IndieCan Radio on
your Mp3 player, burn a few discs for the car, cottage of backyard ghettos
blaster or load us on continuous play and see how many shows you can get
through on the weekend.  We'll give new ear plugs to the winner - lol!

One last important notice.  XM Satellite Channel 52 THE VERGE has just
announced they are giving away $25,000 for best band of the year + $25,000
for CD of the Year.  You decide.  You don't have to be an XM subscriber.
you don't have to be a "distinguished panelist juror.  You just have to
love music and click a bit.  You can get there from
http://www.indiecan.com or google your way there.

What ever you do, get some sun, see some music and thanks for spending a
little time with us. We count on you to make us better.

Happy August Everyone!

Joe Chisholm
host
IndieCanRadio
www.indiecan.com
info at indiecan.com

Cheers,

Joe Chisholm
Host
IndieCan Radio
IndieCan. com
info at indiecan.com
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24421965144
HEAR IT NOW:  http://www.indiecan.com/94IndieCanRadio.mp3
READ ALL ABOUT IT (or link to THE VERGE):
http://www.indiecan.com