Food and Music, Halifax and Toronto!

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jul 25 11:20:04 CDT 2008

Hello music fans!

I am typing to you from XM Studio control room, listening to Jenn Grant on
the other side of the control room glass.  Life is good.  Later today, I
grab my camping gear and head for Hillside Music Festival outside of
Guelph where the 25th rendition of this camping/music weekend takes place.
Jenn Martin will be in T.Dot covering Queen Street Jazz Festival so we
will have you covered for content for some time to come.

This week on IndieCan Radio we have a fun, fun, fun show for you.  While I
am listening to "Dancing In the Wind" let me tell you that Episode 93 is
well represented by east-coasters.  We talk to Don Brownrigg and Tanya
Davis as they tour Tanya's second record, Glorious Morning.  Catherine
McLellan is on this weeks show and we have lunch with Caledonia, between
Drake Hotel and Guelph shows.  Yes, it's true, while you're listening to
our radio show, we have the audacity to eat our lunch.  What were we
thinking - how rude!

Toronto is well represented this week to.  Tenth Planet is proud to unveil
their latest effort, recorded with producer Jeff Martin.  We'll share some
of that from you.  Jenn Martin talks to David Rotundo and Julian Fauth
(from Etobicoke Rib Fest, but she has the decency to not eat ribs while
she's talking to you).  The show kicks off with IndieCan friends The Free
Press who were our musical feature guests back on episode 18.  We hear
from them live from the Horseshoe Tavern mens room, or in close proximity
there off - and - we hear from thier sophmour effort, Half Truths and
Whole Lies.  This is one sofisticated show - NOT, but the music is
fabulous.

Enjoy this week's musics.  We have some great pictures for Ottawa Blues
Fest and other stuff to enjoy as well.  Have a great weekend where ever
you'll be.

Read All About It:
http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode93

Hear it Now: