Celebrating May with what matters most

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri May 2 05:35:47 CDT 2008

MAY DAY, MAY DAY - May is Missing Childrens Month in Canada. IndieCan
invites all bands and fans to join us in helping get the word out.
60,000 kids go missing every year in Canada.  Some are back in hours,
some in days, and some ? not for years.

We are calling upon you to do a little to help a lot.  Use your
website, your Myspace and/or your Facebook to link your peeps to
Missing Children?s Society of Canada for the month of May.  You could
help someone win a prize from West Jet ? more importantly you may help
reunite a family.  Kids are everyone?s responsibility.  Together we
can show we care.  Come to http://www.indiecan.com for details.

While you?re with us, let us entertain you.  What do Sarah McLachlan,
Delerium, Swollen Members, Wild Strawberries and Jack Tripper have in
common?  These are some of the many musical acts that have sought out
Sean Ashby?s guitar chops.  He has a solo project and IndieCan is
proud to have Sean perform tunes from ?Brass and Gold? and talk about
his life as a session and touring guitarist as well as song writer.

Some IndieCan favourites, Don Brownrigg, Once Just and Hunter
Valentine grace our show as well as some new indie cuts for RyeLee,
Japhy Ryder, Arctic and Adam?s Rib.

 From behind the scenes of the Canadian music scene we converse with
publicist Diane Foy and radio tracker Seamus McNeil.  We have a lively
chat about the great effort needed for even great bands to get noticed
today.

For those of you in Toronto, please keep May 15th and 29th reserved
for a night with IndieCan.  Details will follow shortly.  Also, Doug
Graham in Ottawa is working on some other dates in other places as we
celebrate the start of IndieCan Radio?s third year on the air.  Sounds
like a reason to rock ?n? roll to me.  Let?s do it.

But before you put your party hat on let?s do our bit for Missing
Children.  So come see us at IndieCan ? come get free radio show, come
get a hyper ? link and let?s all do our part.

Thanks as always for your kind attention ? now let?s party @ IndieCan.com

Warm regards,

Joe Chisholm
host