Let's Celebrate May 15 + Jeff Martin on IndieCan Radio NOW

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri May 9 14:18:19 CDT 2008

Hello music lovers,

IndieCan Radio is excited to bring you some brand new music captured from
Dave, Ian and Kris of Halifax's Down With The Butterfly in our Ottawa
Studio.  Also, from Ottawa Douglas interviews Jeff Martin who came from
border-city Windsor to create The Tea Party only to break away into the
indie solo ranks and hit the road again.  Jeff Martin reflects on then and
now and even offers a hint or two to what the future holds.

This week we introduce Acres of Lions from Victoria and Grainne Ryan from
Durham.  IndieCan is at Hamilton Spring Music Festival and we hear from
The Apollo Effect who are part of that line up and we hear from Joey
Keithley who is on a D.O.A. 30 year anniversary tour.  How about that, EH!

If you are in or near Toronto we invite you to a special event Thursday
May 15th at Tattoo Rock Parlour.  We bring you Dearly Beloved of Toronto,
Gold record recording artists The Joys from London, Sam Hell from
Edmonton/Kensington Market, Sarah Burton from Oakville and our own Andre
Skinner.  We will be raising money and awareness for THE MISSING
CHILDREN'S SOCIETY OF CANADA.  May is Missing Children's Month and
IndieCan Cares.  Our excuse to party like it's 1999 (Oh, wait a
minute!?!??!) is that Meg-A-Music Toronto and IndieCan Radio celebrate 2
Years of loving indie and we ask you to be part of the celebration.

There will be prizes, guests, a great cause and a good time to be had by
all.  Kids are not someone elses problem, so to see what you can do for
the month of May, come to:

http://www.indiecan.com/indiecan_cares.htm

http://www.indiecan.com/events.htm

We are going to ask you, if you have a Facebook, Myspace or website to
post a link for the month of May.  Together, we can make a difference.
Otherwise, send out an Email campaign of your own.  What if we improved
the life of just one family?  Would it be worth it?

IndieCan pays tribute to the life of Jeff Healey

http://www.indiecan.com/reviews.htm

Episode 83 of IndieCan Radio

Read all about it:  http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode83

Hear it now:  htpp://www.indiecan.com/83IndieCanRadio.mp3

As we look back on two years we see that our web visitors per day has
increased in the last year from 400 to 2,500 and our downloads from 10,000
to over 60,000.  We are heard on ErrorFM.com around the world every day,
CILU FM in Thunder Bay, CKLU FM in Sudbury, CVUE FM on The Sunshine Coast,
Riot Radio in Durham, CJMP FM in Powell River and CFBX FM in Kamloops and
XM Satellite Radio who have seen fit to share our unique brand of radio to
the listeners of THE VERGE, on Channel 52.

Without an advertising budget, or any budget at all really we have relied
on you, the music fan to be our Public Relations and to tell your friends
why IndieCan matters.  I couldn't be more honoured to work for and with
Canadian indie fans.  We are of the people for the people and so many have
given so much to make this happen week in and week out.  Two years, what a
surprise - the future is wide open.

As always, I know you're busy.  Thank you for taking time to be with us
and enjoy this week in music with us.

Warmest regards,

Joe Chisholm
co-host