Hello May Long Weekend - You Can Take It With You

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri May 16 13:23:25 CDT 2008

Hello Music Lovers,

Last night was a magic night for those who filled up The Tattoo Rock
Parlour to help us raise money and raise awareness for Missing Children's
Society of Canada.  We are a righteous lot - music lovers.  Weather you
believe in karma or heaven or cause and effect, we did our part last night
for the innocent strangers that need our charity.  What do I believe?   I
believe we had a helluva good time last night that won't be soon
forgotten.  We celebrated The 2nd Anniversary of Meg-A-Music Toronto and
IndieCan Radio and we did good,people.  Many thanks to everyone who showed
up.

We grossed over $1,000 for the cause so many thanks to Long & McQuade and
all the other Sponsors, to The Joys, Little Sunday, Sam Hell, Andre
Skinner and The Sarah Burton Band for playing their hearts out.

A complete accounting and run down of the event, photo galleries,
commentaries etc, will be posted in the next few days.  Weather you were
there or not, you can still help the cause.  May is Missing Children's
Month so if you haven't already, visit
http://www.indiecan.com/indiecan_cares.htm and grab a jpg of Missing
Children's Society of Canada.  post it on your facebook, myspace or
website, link it to http://www.mcsc.ca and encourage your visitors to do
the same for the rest of May.  Together we can make a difference.  C'mon,
a little charity before you're long weekend!

If you're Canadian and you are going away for the weekend and traffic will
part of your future, remember that you can take IndieCan with you to help
the time pass better.  If there are any shows you missed or shows you
liked the best, download them to your personal listening device or make a
CD which you can give to a friend in cottage country.

This weeks show will be posted soon.  It features Karen Kowsowski who I
would call a female fronted Coldplay if you don't know her work.  Our
engineer Sam Ibbett captured her CD release party "live at IndieCan" style
and I caught up with her to talk about songwriting on a Queen Street West
Cafe patio.  We celebrate New Music West going on in VanCity this weekend
- wish I could be there.  We'll hear some previously unreleased Neil
Osborne interview segments as our industry insider, talking about the
evolution of tne music video and some west-coast Zen thing about
connecting with audiences live.  We'll have lots of great music you've
never heard to too.

That will be out soon.  Help yourself to the over 85 hours in the archive
if you're taking off early.  And if you're unplugging and chilling out for
three straight days, get your bare feet on the earth, breathe in some
fresh air, remember what's important to you and we'll be here when you get
back.

Have a great weekend.  Thanks for your continued support of Canadian
independent music.

Warm regards,

Joe Chisholm
host