Bash Again This Thursday, Episode 85 highlights Bash I

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Tue May 27 11:05:17 CDT 2008

It's party time again -Thursday at Tattoo Rock Parlour  Meg-A-Music
Toronto and IndieCan Radio celebrate our 2nd year on the music scene.

We start at 8 PM with Rayna, Toronto Independent Music Award winners,
Photocell, Radio Star national winners, Drowning Girl, Montreal's Jon
Cohen Experimental (IndieCan Episode 24) and Isle of Thieves.  Special
guests will be in attendance.  It should be a schmooz-fest too.

We are raising money and awareness for those in our community afflicted
with HIV/AIDS. http://www.pwatoronto.org/

And thanks to sponsors Long & McQuade who is providing a second Epiphone
Guitar for us to give away + Pamela Sorrenti & George Veziris, Hot House
Cafe, Diane Kroe Boutique, The Fashion District, Stand Alone Records,
Cineplex Odeon and Wendy Rombough + Down With The Butterfly, Once Just and
all the other artists that have donated time and music to help show that
IndieCan Cares.

If you haven't heard or read about Birthday Bash I here's what to do:

Read all about it:  http://www.indiecan.com/reviews.htm

Listen Right now: http://www.indiecan.com/85IndieCanRadio.mp3

This week's show includes the start of our Twisted Pines Arts and Music
feature with our interview of Garth Hudson and wife Maud who performed the
Saturday night of this years festival right after a screening of Festival
Express.  Scott Cooper Tannis Slimoe and Great Lake Swimers are included
in this show too.  From Birthday Bash I we bring you inside Tattoo Rock
Parlour with shout outs from friends and we feature ths music of The Joys,
Sarah Burton, Little Sunday and Sam Hell + a preview of this weeks show
from the live-at-IndieCan archives with songs from Drowning Girl and Jon
Cohen Experimental.

As Chris Case of RCD Music reminds us, "Music is Better Live"  Enjoy the
show, but see you Thursday.

And finally, may I pass on the heart-felt thanks from Missing Children's
Society of Canada who gratefully acknowledge the support of all those who
attended Birthday Bash I.  May is Missing Children's Month and it's not
too late to win in May - go to http://www.mcsc.ca and enter a ballot to
win a prize pack from West Jet.  Who couldn't use that?

As IndieCan enters year 3 in the service of music fans and emerging
artists we are humbled at your support.  From the bottom of our hearts,
Thank you.

We're all in this together!

Joe Chisholm, www.indiecan.com