Halifax POP Radio is a good break from Oboma-fatique

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Wed Nov 5 06:06:29 CST 2008

Halifax Pop Explosion and the artist of the East Coast are the focus of
Episode 106. Amilia Curren, on her fourth release "War Brides" is live at
IndieCan. We introduce Kris and Don of Spaces Between Sound Studio, the
new home to IndieCan Halifax. We talk to Waye Mason about HPX 08 with XM
Satellite’s Kelowna Vincent making her live at IndieCan debut, playing
tambourine in the background.

We listen to festival bands like Young Rival(Hamilton), The
Spades(Peterborough), The Western Civilization(Houtson) who were visiting,
 The Got to Get Got, The Maynards and Share, hosting and Mardeen, Andrew
Hunter and The Gatherers + Don Brownrigg, plundering and pillaging in
other jurisdictions this week. HPX is the one festival each year that
feels like a holiday for this IndieCaner.  I love the community, I love
the air, I love the festival.  Jenn is working on finishing photos; we
await some High Def video from Doug.  I have a new feature called,
INDIECAN Crappy Cannon Cam Video and I have posted two HPX 2008 videos on
YouTube (you can see them at http://www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic )

I will add some written commentary as soon as I have all the pics to go
with it.  Some of you were following my daily blogging on Facebook.  We
brought Halifax back to Toronto – IndieCan Wednesdays included both a band
from Halifax and a Houston Band that played a sold-out show at HPX that I
invited to The Annex Wreckroom.  Pics for all the Wreckroom gigs are at:

http://www.indiecan.com/photos.htm

There is no Wreckroom gig tonight.  We have a week off because of another
Wreckroom booking.  Come to Facebook for our weekly listings, check out
the links and think about joining us if you live in T.Dot and you’re not
already a regular.  We have merch now – you can buy IndieCan buttons for
$2 or T-shirts for $15

The Radio show:

http://www.indiecan.com/106IndieCanRadio.mp3 to listen now

http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm to read all about it

http://www.indiecan.com/events.htm for coverage on HPX, IndieWeek and POP
Montreal

Next week, Ottawa’s Iconoclast are live at IndieCan, MrchGrl show her
passion for bands and swag and we play catch up on artist from POP
Montreal, HPX and Indie Week.

Thanks for taking the time.

Joe Chisholm
Host