COCA, more HPX, IndieCan's Crapy Cam

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Tue Nov 11 11:33:42 CST 2008

IndieCan This Week

Get right to it:

http://www.indiecan.com/107IndieCanRadio.mp3
Listen right now to this week’s show with Iconoclast, live at IndieCan in
Whitebird Studios in Ottawa, Catherine MacLellan and D’Urbervilles who
were at Halifax POP Explosion, Whale Tooth, Pavlov’s Dog’s Orchestra and
The Cunninghams who were at IndieWeek 2008, Mrch Grl on band merchandise
who we caught up to at IndieWeek + Chinese Food, who’s new record, “When
The World Caught on Fire” was presented to the world November 1 at the
Legendary Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto.

Read all about it:  http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#epsisode107

Have you seen all the Halifax POP Explosion Pictures?

Halifax POP Explosion is an annual festival that feels like a holiday for
me.  I love the pace of Halifax, I have great friends that live there now
and at every HPX I have great friends show up there.  HPX is only small
when you compare it to central Canada’s festivals like NXNE, POP Montreal
of Canadian Music Week that sees upwards to 500 bands and/or artists
performing.  I know the heart-ache for all the bands in Central Canada
that apply for Halifax POP Explosion and get refused each year.  I know
these performers; I think they should be in Halifax; I think their
charisma and music would make the festival a better experience for locals
and bridge more gaps in our somewhat problematic music community.  It’s
too bad that there isn’t room everyone.  I am sure “You are not welcome
here” is not the message HPX Jury members are trying to convey
. I have
more to say, and there are 5 great galleries of pictures to see @
http://www.indiecan.com/events.htm

http://au.youtube.com/user/IndieCanJoe
Check out video from HPX, COCA Chill in North Bay (November 5 to 8, 2008)
and more

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24421965144
Check out who’s playing IndieCan Wednesday this week – it’s at Bathurst
and Bloor, it’s free, there are always three great bands and good
community.  If you are in T.Dot, be apart of it.  Doors at 9, we’re out of
there before 12:30 if you stay to the end
. School night – we get it.

Next weeks so has a focus on COCA Chill.  The Central Canada Conference of
College Activities took place in North Bay November 5 to 8 and many bands
were auditioning for College and University Student Activity coordinators.
 Notables, Bedouin Sound Clash, Ill Scarlet and Blue Rodeo got their
careers firmly launched through the College tour circuit. Emerging artists
Ladies of the Canyon, David Martell, Rude Boy and My Darkest Days were
part of the festivities and will be part of Episode 108.

Thanks for having IndieCan as part of your week,

Joe C
host
IndieCan Radio
www.indiecan.com