Events this week and COCA Regional in an hour or less...

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Mon Nov 17 14:12:23 CST 2008

IndieCan Week of November 17th

Things to look at:

http://www.indiecan.com/photos.htm
Last Weeks IndieCan Wednesday photos by Wendy are posted as, are all the
IndieCan Wednesdays that have brought great Canadian Indie from Vancouver
to Halifax to Bloor and Bathurst.
Many of IndieCan’s photo galleries have been indexed here, so if you have
the time and the love for Canadian indie, we have the goods.

http://au.youtube.com/user/IndieCanJoe
IndieCan’s Crappy Cam is a new feature of marginally shot, marginally
sounding and marginally edited live music videos.  It’s Crap, but it’s
fast.  We bring IndieCan’s up front, back stage and try to condense week
long festivals into 10 minutes or less.
You’ll find COCA Chill from North Bay, Halifax POP Explosion, POP Montreal
and more.

Listen Up – IndieCan Radio this week:

http://www.indiecan.com/108IndieCanRadio.mp3
This week on IndieCan we largely devote the show to COCA Chill in North
Bay where Rudeboy, My Darkest Days, Ladies of the Canyon, Flash Lightnin’
and David Martel strutted their stuff and Chad “Buddah” Cardinal,
conference coordinator talks about this years conference and how the
college circuit has helped solidify music careers in Canada.

54-40’s new CD, Northern Soul is introduced to our listeners this week.
We’ll catch up with the band when they are in Toronto November 22nd at The
Music Hall on the Danforth.  Tanya Davis is on tour and we have Toronto’s
Samantha Martin and Halifax’s Chritina Martin + Little Sunday

Things to do:

Wednesday November 19th
IndieCan host’s IndieCan Wednesdays at the Annex Wreckroom in T.Dot with
some Toronto and Calgary indie
 This will be good clean hump-day fun:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24421965144 for details

Friday November 21st
IndieCan is pleased to help bring indie culture to NewMarket:  Toronto
Independent Music Award winners, + John Lennon Song Writing Contest
winners, Jaffe host with friends Little Sunday and Human Record rock
Toronto’s north starting at 7 PM.
http://www.newmarket.ca/userfiles/page_attachments/Library/1/1307114_NewMusicSeriesNov21.pdf

Friday November 21st
If you’re in the Kitchener/Wareloo area, one of our radio partners, Sound
FM is putting on a show and IndieCan will be there too: The Joys are also
TIMA winners + Indie Week Toronto winners Hello Beautiful and Low Level
Flight are at Elements, 90 King Street West in Kitchener.
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10004151B5BE7672?artistid=1266932&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Coming Soon:

United Steel Workers of Montreal live at IndieCan, New Soul Cowboys
(Anthony Gomes) and more Halifax Indie Scene.

Enjoy this weeks show, thanks for having us along for part of your music
loving life.

Warm regards,

Joe Chisholm
host