NXNE vs. CMW, new Sloan, Decade 1 of the 21st Century

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Thu Dec 3 15:14:04 CST 2009

Bob Lefsetz is talking about best songs for the decade and that reminds
me, and Don Quareles from Songwriters Association of Canada, you'll
remember we talked about this - some discussion about the most important
songs of the double zeros (that's what I am calling this decade until
someone comes up with a better name - we had the 70's, 80's, 90's and now
what? D1 for Decade One?  Double Oh Decade?  We need something).

Here's Bob Lefsetz pick and it really does sum up the fist 10 years of the
new century from an activists point of view and it's a well written song:

Acoustic YouTube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vN0--mHug

Alternative acoustic take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbWRfBZY-ng

Official video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv0q3cW3x1s

Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
--
http://www.twitter.com/lefsetz

The Big Schmooze brought artists and industry face to face at Long &
McQuade in Toronto last week.  Dulce Barbosa, Richard Flohil and author of
 Step Into The Spotlight!—‘Cause ALL Business is Show Business! : A Guide
to Getting Noticed - Tsufit.  We'll be talking about it in the upcoming
Episode 159 of IndieCan Radio along with news of a new show we're adding -
IndieCan Urban.

This week we continue with Michael Hollett and we turn our attention to
NXNE and dropping the gloves with Canadian Music Week for festival
supremacy in Toronto Canada.

Musically we have new Sloan.  They have a digital only release coming
soon.  Romi Mayes is new to IndieCan Radio so listen up y'all.  We have
some good IndieCan friends with The Free Press, Eden Ants, Angie Nussey,
Bend Sinister, Pasqual Picard, Ember Swift and by request, Don Brownrigg.

http://www.indiecan.com/158IndieCanRadio.mp3

http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm

Happy December one and all.

Joe C, IndieCan Radio.