Happy New Year - IndieCan looks back at what is great about 08

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jan 2 00:18:01 CST 2009

Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks for all your support in 2008.  IndieCan is growing again.  In 2008
the web site had over 10 Million hits and over 110,000 regular visitors
checking in.  It’s kind of like Woodstock every week.  The top 10
countries were U.S.A., China, Canada, Australia, Mexico, Italy,
Yugoslavia, Great Britain, Germany and Brazil with over 120 counties
digging Canadian indie each week.

We ask you, “What’s Great about 2008?” and we answer the call, or we will,
or at least it will be two great hours of IndieCan 08.  In the first of
two “year in review” shows, we review events and artists and parade out
Wintersleep and Jenn Martin, Loud Love and Void’s Anatomy, Kyrie
Kristmanson and Big Rude Jake, Modern Boys Modern Girls and Chris
Colepaugh and The Cosmic Crew.  You’ll hear some brand new music from The
Armada along with some of the interview this year with Jeff Martin and
this week’s show is devoted to the memory of Marc Gelinas, a gifted
singer/songwriter from Montreal, lost to us December 16th, 2008.

Next week’s Episode 115 will continue in our look back at the year that
was.  Many of you have already chimed in on what you thought was
remarkable in our year in music.  Don’t be shy if you have something to
say.  We’re listening - info at indiecan.com.

Listen now:
http://www.indiecan.com/114IndieCanRadio.mp3

Read all about it:
http://www.indiean.com/radio.htm#episode114

All the best for 2009.  It’s an honour to be one of your trusted sources
for great emerging music.

Warm regards,

Joe Chisholm
Host