How Great Was indie in 08 + Neilsen Music Sales #s

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jan 9 06:40:23 CST 2009

Hello music lovers,

Our second of two “How Great was Canuck indie in 2008” shows includes as
much music as we could into Episode 115.  We remember Warped Tour,
Southside Shuffle, HPX, CMW, NXNE, Canadian Music Cafe and Pop Montreal,
including:
Jim Armstrong, Don Brownrigg, Caledonia, The Cockroaches, Creepshow The
Free Press, The I Spies, The John Henrys, The Midway State, Mother Mother,
The Painted Birds, Justin Rutledge, Staylefish, The Unsettlers and Mike
Yates and The Candidates
Listen Now:
http://www.indiecan.com/115IndieCanRadio.mp3

Read about it:
http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode115

For artists and other dreamers, we look at IndieCan ideas to make 2009 a
break out year:
http://www.indiecan.com/sor.htm

We are crunching numbers and should have a Blog up soon on Myspace and
Facebook creating information out of data.  We are looking at the Neilsen
2008 Music Sales data right now.  I can tell you for starters, 36 Million
CDs were sold, down 14% from 2007.  Digital sales were up over 50% but
that still created a net-loss of about 8.5% from ’07.

We’ll break it down and then ask you to weigh in on what it all means.

Enjoy this week’s show.  For those who are just getting back to IndieCan
after the holidays, download Episode 114 also to get the other
year-in-review show.

Happy New Year, OK, party’s over, back to work everyone 

Joe Chisholm
host
IndieCan Radio
www.indiecan.com