Episode 135 and New flicks at NXNE

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jun 5 15:24:01 CDT 2009

We haven't posted it yet, but you can sneak peek at Episode 135 which is a
retro-Canadian emerging ride of Hamilton, Halifax and some great indie
hotbeds in between.  In fact we start with a Hamilton band in Halifax, but
Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa won't be shut out either.  There's a little
international touch to 135 too.

http://www.indiecan.com/135IndieCanRadio.mp3

Look for a new post this weekend at http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm with
all the details.

If you're playing catch up, 133 and 134 are still sounding sweet - chalked
full of Hamilton Spring Music Fest, NXNE preview and IndieCan New-release
features.

Next week we on our British Exchange with will include Tony Dekker of
Great Lake Swimmers talking with us after we saw their Birmingham show.
Also, the booking agent for the Glee Club there talks about his romance
with Canadian indie.

Speaking of NXNE, I was at a screening of some NXNE movies including a new
Johnny Cash Movie and a movie/documentary all about the North American
origins of Tattooing and the Asian influence on USA trail blazers. I'll
have a review up this weekend on both, but if you are in T.Dot for North
By, I am recommending both.

Love and Kisses,

Joe C
host