World Record Attempt at beating Smoke on the Water - Great Lake Swimmers interview from Birmingham England

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jun 12 04:28:06 CDT 2009

Good morning to you.  I hope you’re having a happy coffee

Welcome to another exciting turning point for IndieCan Radio.

We have Luminato covered, running from June 5 to June 14 in Toronto.  We
recorded the attempt at a Guinness World Record for the most people in one
place playing guitar.  We also have highlights from Daniel Lanois, Taj
Mahal, The Derek Truck Band and more.

http://www.indiecan.com/reviews.htm

Episode 136 breaks new ground also as we are involved in a cultural
exchange.  IndieCan is in England, talking to Tony Dekker of The Great
Lake Swimmers after a sold out show in Birmingham’s The Glee Club.  We
also talk to the man who books the talent at the club about The UK’s
fascination with Canadian emerging music.  The Great Lake Swimmers start
the North American leg of their world tour in support of the new record,
“Lost Channels”

Back home we introduce to a great spring crop of new indie including
Madison Violet, The Compound, a new project out of Winnipeg called The
Record of the Week Club.  IndieCan is very excited about this project.
This hour goes quick – as they say, yet never substantiate.

http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode136

http://www.indiecan.com/136IndieCanRadio.mp3

Other fun places:

http://www.youtube.com/user/IndieCanJoe