Call in to work - tell them you're too well to come in... we have a lot to do this week :-)

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Mon Jun 15 08:25:13 CDT 2009

What a week we’re having at IndieCan and OMG, Luminato is just wrapping up
and we are only days away from NXNE.   We have lots of great coverage from
goings on in the last week or two so come waste some time and save your
soul with IndieCan.com today.  I have some NXNE picks or ideas for you
too.

But first, I am very excited about this weeks radio show – Episode 136 is
a British invasion – indie style.  From Birmingham England we talk to The
Great Lake Swimmers between sold out shows at The Glee Club then London
the next night.  We talk with a UK booking agent and promoter about the
love affair the UK has with Canadian independent music.  In Viking style
we loaded one fine lass into the boat on the way home and we bring you
Tara London, not just because of her name but because of her
songstress-ship.  But wait – there’s more.  Have you heard of the Record
of The Week Club out of Winnipeg Manitoba?  It’s a cool concept where
three unrelated local musical talents are assembled for a day with
recording gear to see what they can come up with.  We test John K.
Sampson’s team and sample one other trio this week.  We have Madison
Violet, brand who play Hugh’s Room with Ashley MacIsaac this week.  We
have Lily Frost who recently sang Billy for Ray and we’ll tell you why.
We have Rude Boy and The Compound standing around (an inside joke you’ll
get when you hear the show) with their new recordings.  Corbin Murdoch and
the Nautical Mile debuts on IndieCan and we welcome the chance to bring
you new Godboo  - Jerome Godboo has a new CD out and we test drive it this
week.

Get your day going:
http://www.indiecan.com/136IndieCanRadio.mp3 to hear it now

http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm  to read all about it.

I got some Jerome pics, hot off the press and I will post them soon.  I
have more pics and video from Hamilton, Luminato and such.  There’s plenty
to get you started:
http://www.indiecan.com

As for NXNE I have a couple of movies I think you should think about if
you’re in Toronto this week.  I saw the Johnny Cash movie – it tells a
story, in fact it tells a few stories that are gripping.  Not bad for a
documentary that chronicles an event that happened over 40 years ago.

I don’t have a drop of ink on me and likely never will.  So the fact that
I was captivated about a flick on the North American history and
subculture of Tattooing says something.  This is Sailor Jerry documentary
is something worth taking Biff Naked too.  Hell, she may well be there so
just show up.  Here are some trailers for you:

Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmve1IH7_bw
Hori Smoku Sailor Jerry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjebTottiw

I hope to see you on the streets of Toronto this week and if you can’t be
there we’ll be your ears and eyes. Come visit often as we update what will
surely be a North By end to decade-1 of the new millennium.

See you on line or on the streets.

Joe C
host
IndieCan Radio