NXNE coverage at IndieCan - The King of Pop dies

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jun 26 00:40:00 CDT 2009

Of Michael Jackson, Bob Lefsetz said this

“He missed his childhood and now he's gonna miss his old age. How fucked
up is that?
Michael Jackson never had a chance.  He had to succeed for his family.
His parents' dreams were dependent upon him.

And a boy with that much pressure delivers.  He works truly hard, so he
will be loved.  That's all Michael Jackson was looking for, love. He
wanted to be accepted.  (He) wanted to be so good that he couldn't be
denied.”

No matter how “indie” or underground any of us are, who can not be
impacted by life of and death of the King of pop. He changed our world –
no doubt about that.  Rest in peace, Michael Jackson.

NXNE coverage wraps up a wonderful month at IndieCan that has seen our
team of contributors grow and grow.  By the time we get all of our North
By North East coverage posted, it will take as long to consume it as it
took us to take it in.  We have content bottlenecked on the editors desk
so if you want to experience NXNE 2009 for the first time or trip down
memory lane, be sure to check in every day or two for new stories pictures
and radio.

Or talk to us about your experiences or reactions at:

http://www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic

http://www.youtube.com/user/IndieCanJoe

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24421965144

Read all about IndieCan Radio, episode 137 – The North by North East
streets of Toronto show with commentary and music from IndieCan friends,
Wintersleep, , Flotilla, Laura Smith, and Afterparty.  Meet our brand new
friends, Fjord Rowboats, Perfect Hour, Language-Arts, Olenka & The Autum
LoversThe Zeros and Calgary’s Axis of Communication and EMI Music’s
Publishing, Maggie Martin from Los Angeles.

http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode137

Hear it now:

http://www.indiecan.com/137IndieCanRadio.mp3

 We have commentary on the conference and music festival, pictures and
video @

http://www.indiecan.com/events.htm

Or don’t miss a think by starting at:  http://www.indiecan.com
Many thanks to the writers, photographers, videographers,  and the staff
and volunteers of NXNE.  It was a great week of music and it was our great
pleasure to breath it in and preserve it for the ages.

Warm regards,

Joe Chisholm
host
IndieCan Radio