April showers brings great new May Music + words of advice

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri May 1 12:52:14 CDT 2009

Happy May from IndieCan Radio!

What a century we’re having so far!  The new music from Canada is so good
I have a hard time keeping up with it all.  This week is another great
crop of first-time add-ons to IndieCan Radio.  Tuck, Time, Little Red, The
Weather Station, Anna Gutmanis, Sal Lima, Red Eye Empire and Dustin Bental
are all first timers to IndieCan’s network.  We also reminisce with The
Dudes and some previous guests including some not-yet broadcasted bits:
Angie Nussey and SAB talk about father-daughter relations from two
different perspectives and Dave Genn of 54-40 talks about his adaptation
to social media and the new citizen-journalism.

Jon Long of Long & McQuade is a champion of the emerging music scene.  He
hosts The Danforth Jam at the Black Swan every Wednesday, with IndieCan
friend Jack Tasse and other great musicians.  Any indie musician or fan
can go for free, play and listen to music and talk shop with people who
know shit from shin olla. Jon is an idea factory and anyone who is in a
band or loves a band should listen carefully to what this man has to say.
He’s seen it all and knows a thing or two about it takes to make it.  He
also knows the pitfalls that bands innocently fall prey to.  Jon talks to
us about one of his ideas that I have dubbed, “How to make it big by
thinking small.”

Hamilton’s Spring Music Festival is next weekend if anyone’s getting the
road-trip itch.
http://www.springmusicfestival.com/2009/home.htm

Summer is coming!
Enjoy this week’s radio:
http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode130

Also on IndieCan.com this week: The Dunes CD release party and our review
of THE BIG SCHMOOZE Demo Listening Derby.  Oh, one more thing, Laurence
Currie will be our guest next week.  He and Moe Berg have teamed up to do
some really creative Television called Master Tracks.  IndieCan friend
Jeff Butler is involved in it.  Your homework assignment is to have a look
at one or two of the episodes at:
http://www.aux.tv/

4 Episodes are up there already.  Let me know what you think.

Again, happy May!

Joe Chisholm
host
IndieCan Radio