IndieCan Milestone + Indie Week 2009 on the Streets of Toronto

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Thu Oct 8 16:01:12 CDT 2009

IndieCan Radio episode 150 is now posted.  150 hours of IndieCan now
posted for the world to enjoy.  Isn’t that amazing?

This week we are at XM Music Awards and Canadian Music Café.  We talk to
last year’s $25,000 XM winner Tim Baker of Hey Rosetta! and this year’s
stunned winner, Dan Mangan.  Congrats also to Alexisonfire who took the
other $25,000 prize this year.

The Arkells of Hamilton are on the show with their blue collar sound and
work ethic.

Winnipeg’s The Duhks are rich in musical heritage and on a mission to make
Music greener.

For two week’s we bring you Newfoundland’s The Mountains and the Trees.

Acres and Acres are on the road in Ontario this week.  We talk to
publicist, Ken Beattie about the music of Acres and Acres which he calls
the lost Neil Young record.

Also this week, Metric, Amy Millan, USS, Hawksley Workman, Spiral Beach,
Ruby Jean and the Thoughtful Bees, who were at POP Montreal last weekend
and Spiral Beach.  Hey Spiral Beach and The Duhks, you guys should bond
and tour together!

POP Montreal commentary and pics:
http://www.indiecan.com/events.htm

More photos - many of this weeks bands who played Canadian Music Cafe
http://www.indiecan.com/photos.htm

IndieWeek coverage from the streets of Toronto.  Check daily:
http://www.indiecan.com

This week in Radio:
http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode150

http://www.indiecan.com/150IndieCanRadioEdit.mp3