Maple Blues with Danny Marks, Cherry Picking with Sarah and Faye

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Thu Jan 28 15:58:24 CST 2010

IndieCan rides the rails west-bound on tour with Faye Blias and Sarah
Burton.  OK, so they are on the train, we stayed home for the Maple Blues
Awards.  But we do have some facts and some secrets as Sarah and Faye talk
with you and me and play DJ with us.

The Maple Blues Awards were hosted by David Gogo and Danny Marks in
Toronto to celebrate this crutial roots genre.  Monkey Junk, five-time
winners talk with us about doing it for the right reasons.  Jack de Keyzer
is with us this week as well as Postdata, United Steel Workers of
Montreal, Sarah Smith of The Joys, Yukon Blonde, Pilgrims of Brock
(transplants from the UK to Edmonton), 100 Mile House.

This week we have Danny Marks chatting with us and next week, his co-host
David Gogo talks shop with us.  We'll have more blues and more of the best
music you've never heard from gospel to acid rock next week so get ready.
But because today is all we have:  Episode 165 here.

http://www.indiecan.com/165IndieCanRadio.m3u - just start listening

http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm#episode165 - read about and see it:
Jenn Martin has the Maple Blues Awards in pictures.  See it and hear it.
As always - have your say at http://www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic or
info at indiecan.com

IndieCan Radio will be launching our new urban show soon.  Look for
IndieCan this week as Toronto is host to many great Urban showcases.

Team IndieCan thanks you for supporting Canadian independent music.  We're
all in this together.

http://www.indiecan.com