Maple Blues Awards give youth the nod, IndieCan has some artists to watch for 2010

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Fri Jan 22 12:27:25 CST 2010

With another look at a great decade of music we think of what was
remarkable in Montreal in Decade 01 of Century 21.  POP Montreal is
growing into a great global music festival and La Belle Provence like Sam
Roberts and Arcade Fire and while were at it Of Montreal (not from
Montreal – the inside joke will be revealed this week on Episode 164).

We have Caledonia with Tanya Davis, IndieCan newbies Janine Stoll, Andy
Brown and Eels as well as newer than new Sarah Burton music recorded with
IndieCan pioneer, Andre Skinner.

Who wants more time in the spotlight?  We have more from author Tsufit
with more free ideas about getting your business, band or cause noticed
from her book, “Step Into the Spotlight.”

Hear it:  http://www.indiecan.com/164IndieCanRadio.m3u

Read all about or download it:  http://www.inidecan.com/radio.htm#episode164

Other Music News:  IndieCan was at the Maple Blues Awards this week and
downtown came uptown as the awards ceremony moves the Royal Conservatory
of Music.  What a facility.  Danny Marks and David Gogo hosted, Monkey
Junk of Ottawa dominated the awards and we will hear from all of them in
upcoming shows.  Follow our Maple Blues Reviews at:
http://www.indiecan.com

IndieCan Urban is coming soon so stay tuned.  IndieCan has long since
wanted to recognize the importance of the Urban/HipHop scene in Canada and
we’ll be adding to show to do just that.  Stay tuned
.

Thanks for being IndieCan fans. You mean the world to us.

Team IndieCan
Tell us all about it: info at indiecan.com, http://www.myspace.com/indiecanmusic