Summer cruise, Spam waring and Episode 163 news

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Sun Jan 10 17:07:58 CST 2010

Spam got recently sent out to everyone on the IndieCan mail system.
Please bear with us.  There are many good reasons why we look forward to
an IndieCan website face lift – one of them is better security for our
email system.  I expect to hear it from the 8% of you who are on Apple
computers – we know, we know.

Maybe for now I will have to send a secret subject line out
 in fact, if
it doesn’t have the word Episode in it, delete it.  That’s the best I can
do for now.

So, about this week’s radio show:

http://www.indiecan.com/163IndieCanRadio.m3u to listen while you read,

http://www.indiecan.com/radio.htm  to read all about it.

Either of these links can be sent to friends.

Ross Robinson and his team had a great kick off party at Hugh’s room to
bring attention to this summer’s Rock and Blues Cruises coming to Toronto
Harbour – or what we will call the Rock ‘n’ Blues Booze Cruise just to add
some alliteration for the fun of it.  This show helps get us in the mood
for the Maple Blues Awards which happen January 18th and IndieCan looks
forward to being there.  Shakura S’Aida sings some blues for us.

We have some new IndieCan artists this week: Broken Bricks, Jeff Bien and
Sam Bradley.  We look at some success Dean Lickyer had in 2009, and
introduce some new 2010 music from The Strip.  Paper Moon, Diana
Catherine, The Populars, The Birthday Boys and The Dunes are part of this
years show.  Kevin of The Dunes is launching something new called The
Pullie Project so check that out on line.

Of note:
If you are in music or you want to help someone in music, the 11th edition
of the Indie Bible has just come out.  For $35 to $50 depending if you
want a PDF or hard copy, you can get a directory of :

•  4200 publications from around the world that will REVIEW your CD!
•  3400 radio stations from around the world that will PLAY your songs!
•  500 vendors and services that will help you to SELL your music!
•  330 sites where you can UPLOAD your band's music files!
•  500 useful resources to help PROMOTE your band!

http://www.indiebible.com/ican/ to read more.  You can link there any time
from www.IndieCan.com

Also, more on this summer’s music cruises:
http://www.torontorockandbluescruise.com/index.html

Have a great week everyone!

Joe Chisholm host, IndieCan Radio
www.indiecan.com