IndieCan broadcasts from behind the Yellow Zone in G-TO

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Mon Jun 28 05:11:53 CDT 2010

News from behind the Yellow Zone of the G-20!

What a place for IndieCan Radio to have our office.  We are south of King
Street and the road is barricaded off.  Nice to know Toronto’s finest will
turn on us at any given time for overtime.  What if they tried this
weekend’s shit at the Iggy Pop and The Stooges concert?  Now that would
have been a fair fight, which doesn’t seem to be their style.  Divide and
overkill seems to be the how our $ Billion is been spent.  If you’re not
from Toronto let me tell you what a different city this was during NXNE
compared to the weekend of fascism.

Anyway, sorry to bring it up – I have much more culturally stimulating
stuff to talk about.  We aren’t through our North By North-content
 but
it’s coming.  You could take the day off with us if you’re bored and we
can keep you interested.  Here’s what we have for you when you wake up
Monday morning:

InideCan Radio: http://www.indiecan.com/183IndieCanRadio.m3u (click to
listen)

Episode 183 is full of new by new feasts.  We talk to Jerome Godboo, who’s
shaking away his demons and porting a new CD.  We talk to The Johnny’s who
released their new CD June 1 @ Dundas Square as IndieCan and The Native
Canadian Centre of Toronto kicked off National Aboriginal History Month.
We have pictures of drummers, dancers, performers to go along with some
radio to listen to.  The Cowboy Junkies have a new CD about to drop.  We
love it – I bet you will too.  We Boom-Boom with some new Ginger St. James
and we have the second of a two-part Jon Cohen Experimental segment.  The
Chronicles, Great Big Sea, Grady and NXNE’s hardest working band,
Hollerado are on the show this week, too.

See the kick off for National Aboriginal History Month:
http://indiecan.com/imagesEvents/NationalAboriginalHistoryMonth2010/index.htm

Thursday we were at the opening for a short run of Tomson Highway’s new
cabaret.  We posted our interview later than night.  The show’s over but
his new CD just dropped to hear all about it here:
http://www.indiecan.com/reviews.htm

Have you seen Iggy and the Stooges yet?  Here’s our vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpiVPw9vxk

On Facebook? Get in on the conversation about the NXNE Conference.  Jenn
Martin has started quite a racket about conference attendance.  Lurk or
have your say:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/topic.php?uid=24421965144&topic=16274

More North By:
http://www.indiecan.com/events.htm