CMW, ECMAs and Juno Nominees are on our mind.

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Thu Mar 4 12:51:43 CST 2010

Greetings cultured music lover!

Not since 1996 had Dan Hill released a recording of his own work but he
has been busy.  Shortly after the death of his father, Dan Hill III, this
Grammy and 5-time Juno winner set out to come to terms with the tumultuous
relationship he and his father shared and what it all meant.  What
resulted is “I am My Father’s Son.” – a 396 page read that tells a
universal story and (lucky for us) is a candid commentary of the realities
of life for Canada’s pop stars and songwriters.

Dan Hill will be a keynote speaker at Canadian Music Week, 2010 later this
month but he talks with IndieCan and we have the first of a two-part
series right now on Episode 170.  We will also hear from his soon-to-be
released, CD, "Intimate."

We also talk with operatic rocker, Patritia who performed at the Mod Club
with Basia Lyjak (Video crews captured this Saturday night of hard driving
estrogen and you can link to it from www.indiecan.com/podcast.htm).
Sundar, The Cheap Speakers and Matthew Hornell and the Diamond Minds are
new to IndeCan – and speaking of Diamonds, we say goodnight to the
Vancouver 2010 Games with VanCity acts, Pawnshop Diamond and Dan Mangan.
IndieCan is on the ground in Sidney Nova Scotia and we prep some more for
the East Coast Music Awards with The Danks and we hear again from The
Cunninghams because
 well, why the Hell wouldn’t we?
.
Link up and tune in.  Here’s how:

Hear Episode 170 now:  http://www.indiean.com/170IndieCanRadio.m3u

Get the download and links:  http://www.indiecan.com/podcast.htm#episode170

Extras – pictures form our Dan Hill interview, his performance at the
Royal Ontario Museum:  http://www.indiecan.com/sor.htm#DanHill

Great Lake Swimmers and The Good Lovelies are among the Juno nominees.
More to come on the Junos from Newfoundland soon.  CMW count-down is T – 9
days.  700 artists are coming.  It might get loud
.

Joe C
Host
IndieCan Radio