Febrary Review, March Musicness, IndieCan in the news

indie at indiecan.com indie at indiecan.com
Thu Mar 3 11:49:32 CST 2011

Congrats to Michou, Hannah Gerorgas and Zeus who shared $55,000 in prize
money Tuesday night at the XM Music Awards.  Episode 221 will be our post
awards rap.  Looking ahead to March we have The Junos, SXSW and up first,
Canadian Music Week.  Team IndieCan prepares.  Come up soon, we’ll hear
from Joel Carriere, Dine Alone Records and Bedlam Music Management, Mark
Farmer who was speaking at PodCamp Toronto last weekend and more of the
best music you’ve never heard.

Danielle Perry has been writing about us at Humber College and she will
make her IndieCan debut at Canadian Music Week.  Whoo Hoo.  Have a read
and have your say here:
http://humberetc.com/2011/02/09/indie-can-radio-rides-the-airwaves/

Here’s a review of February’s shows.  Feel free to post, copy and paste,
share with your friends or sell on the black market.  Listening and
downloading links are included or visit:
http:///www.indiecan.com/podcast.htm

BTW, the 2011 Inide Bible is out and it makes a great gift if you love a
musician.
http://www.indiebible.com/ican/

INDIECAN RADIO Show Notes Episode 215 to 218:

IndieCan  is thinking Junos: bands that are nominated or playing hockey in
the Juno Cup.  We have Hollerado, Billy Talent, The Arells, Meaghan Smith,
Dead Mannequin,  Christina Martin, Mother Mother who we will be talking to
at CMW, Elias who was nominated for best emerging act at the XM Music
Awards March 1, Slowcoaster, Digging Roots, Hot Kid, who are so cool, and
Flowerchild who is so new.
Steam it: http://www.indiecan.com/218IndieCanRadio.m3u
Download it: http://www.indiecan.com/218IndieCanRadio.mp3

Carmen Townsend, Three Sheet, Colt Ford & Gord Bamford vs. Serena Ryeder
and Melisa Ethridge, Chris Antonik, The Mathews Brothers, Jerry Wall and
get ready for Drive Faster.  Also this week, we talk Juno possibilities
and hear from friends, Hey Rossetta!, Love Machine, David Myles, Neil
Young, Jason Nozuka and the WithOuts.
Steam it: http://www.indiecan.com/217IndieCanRadio.m3u
Download it: http://www.indiecan.com/217IndieCanRadio.mp3

We go coast to coast Starting in Manitoba with Why, then it’s Lickpenny
Loafer, Laya  Zoe, Chris Colepaugh and the Cosmic Crew,  Jon Cohen
Experimental, The Stanfields , Maple Blues Awards host, Raoul Bhaneja, his
band The Big Time + Anthony Gomes, Dawn Tyler Watson and Paul Deslauriers,
Dylan Wickens and the Grand Naturals + Ross Neilsen and the Sufferin’
Bastards
Steam it: http://www.indiecan.com/216IndieCanRadio.m3u
Download it: http://www.indiecan.com/216IndieCanRadio.mp3

Toronto Maple Blues Awards young-guns held their own and we got them for
you:  Juno award winning Julian Fauth, Catl, David Rotundo Band.  Do you
know Flowerchild or Robyn Del’Unto? You should and you will.  Great Big
Sea is up for another Juno. Alan will be playing a little Juno Cup against
the ex-NHLers.  Gun slingers, Billy the Kid and Dustin Bental are up
against Gun-tamer: Ginger St. James. Alter the Medic, Parkas, and our chat
with the East Coast’s new rockers - Glory Hound
Steam it: http://www.indiecan.com/215IndieCanRadio.m3u
Download it: http://www.indiecan.com/215IndieCanRadio.mp3

Andre Skinner is back at work behind the scenes and IndieCan.com will be
sporting a bold new look soon.

Hey, aren’t you supposed to be working?  Me too, back to my day job.
Love and kisses,

Team IndieCan