"call the NURSE. IndieCan returns to Toronto"

Joe Chisholm joechisholm at rogers.com
Sun Nov 19 22:00:40 CST 2006

Episode 22 of THE TORONTO INDIE SCENE is a heap load
of good music. +NURSE from Toronto is "Live at
IndieCan."  While the New Market reunion of Nurse
band-mates, co-host Andre and engineer Sam got a
little bit weird, the music was happening.

Other great artists this week include Blackie and
Rodeo Kings, The Amber Room, The Rails, Canteen
Knockout, Windsor's Lodown, Montreal's Kamikaze Baby,
Vancouver's Superbeing, and from Ontario, living in
Vancouver, on the road in Newfoundland, Joey Only.

Are you in a band with a video?  Love a band with a
video?  Jack Tasse of Canadian Music TV is our
industry insider talking about how bands can get their
indie videos show on Television.  Episode 22 has the
low down.

Things to do this week:

Canteen Knockout is at the Horseshow Wednesday
November 22.  IndieCan will be there so here’s a
chance to say "hello."  Email us for guest list:
info at indiecan.com

The Rails are at the Horseshoe November 30th.

For those listeners in Atlantic Canada -- Joey Only is
currently on tour in Eastern Canada.  Check him out at
www.myspace.com/xjoeyonlyx and go see him.  It's an
amazing live performance.

New @ www.indiecan.com

You will find some new tabs for content that we have
started adding to the site.

My favorite is "School of Rock."  This page will be
filled with audio extras from previous interviews.
Many of our industry insiders spoke to us at much
greater lenght than could lend itself to the ten
minute segment in a one-hour show.

Anyone who considers themself a student of modern
music would see these extended interviews as priceless
access to Canada's music experts and legendary song
writers.
Thank you one and all for supporting Canadian indie
music.  These audio files bring you right in the
studio to listen in word for word for the natural
duration of the conversation - without the constraints
of programing requirements.

There are a couple up now.  More will follow.

We are always happy to hear what you have to say at
info at indiecan.com

Team IndieCan
www.indiecan.com